Thursday, June 1, 2023

A quick verse

 Yesterday when I was cleaning up I found an Abundant Life NT.  Dad is always raving about the NLT translation so I picked one up years ago.  It was damaged somehow so I kept it for personal use.  I found it again last night, read it, like the helps, ordered some which they say will come Saturday.  That's too late for this handout but not for the next one.  

Of course if God wants them (20 New Testaments) on the Handout it will happen.  My last menstrual cup arrived 2 days early Bibles can do that,too. 

The cats are good, I laid down for a while and had Spotty on my chest purring at me, he's a sweet boy. 

I am going to take my shower. 

Oh, I don't want to check my other post but I found this verse during my Bible study.  I am not generally worried about the people on the handout, I worry about logistics with the cart, the bus, and at the latest location how torn up the venue is and the likelihood of breaking my ankle as I run around. 

But people who know Houston worry about me, which is sweet.  This verse is for them:  Proverbs 19:23, NKJV: The fear of the Lord leads to life,

And he who has it will abide in satisfaction;
He will not be visited with evil.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you spending all this money on bibles? You have a limited income as it is and should be saving your money.

Heather Knits said...

Oh these are pretty cheap.

Anonymous said...

I pray daily that members of your family will read your blog, acknowledge some safety trends and support you in finding safer ways to conduct your ministry. I don't think you will ever listen to anyone else.

I have spent decades using public transportation and working in really sketchy areas. Street savvy people do not conduct themselves as you do. Small changes would make a big difference in your safety in general, and especially in bad neighborhoods.

Heather Knits said...

They dont really grasp WHERE Iwork otherwise I would get a lot more hassle. Dad was pretty blown away last year when I was visiting and walked up to a gangbanger, smiled, and gave him a Bible.

Today I had a guy ask me for money but he went away when I said no.

Anonymous said...

Have your views gone down with all that you talk about are Bibles? I know I don't read as often because of it. No one cares!

Anonymous said...

You are just being foolish and insane to keep testing the odds this way. One say you will walk up to a gang banger and he will kill you.

Heather Knits said...

You think I care about views? You don't know me. I don't even get money from blogging.

I don't walk up to them; they walk up to me, and ask.

Anonymous said...

Quoting from above "Dad was pretty blown away last year when I was visiting and walked up to a gangbanger, smiled, and gave him a Bible"

You WALKED UP TO HIM per your post.

Heather Knits said...

Yes that is the exception.

Here is a general week: give Scripture material (tract, Scripture booklet, Bible Promise Book, New Testament) to drivers every day (3-5 drivers a day). They expect this and are happy to get it. Very rarely one will refuse nicely and I accept it cheerfully. Some don't want the candy so I put a packet of the cooked meat in mylar (shelf stable, like the tuna pouch except chicken) with a spork in there and they take that. That is every day.

I also wear the "Ask me for Free Bibles" hat and have given some away to people who do ask.

Then we have the Bible Handout: me on the corner with the Free Bibles sign. And they ask. I will wave at them, grin, point at the sign, hold up a Bible and wave them over, grin again, wave at traffic again, etc. Pretty physical work.

But as a rule I am not walking up to some guy on the corner.

Anonymous said...

God cares, he sees Heather on the corner sharing HIS word. God will reward her in paradise.
It says so in the bibles she gives away FOR FREE.

Anonymous said...

Ever read about the widows mite? It's in the Bible.