Thursday, June 8, 2023

Thursday morning

 I slept well but woke up with a headache.  Not unexpected considering I am going low carb again AND kicking fake sugars.  I took some Excedrin because head trumps finger (Aleve) today.  I am also down 2 pounds which is great. 

I can do this. I just need to divorce food from emotions that is my big problem. A good example, when the kids were badly hurt (ER visit or when I had 4 teeth pulled for orthodontics), they would get us a sugary treat, ice cream, or in my case a shake.  

So, just like a damned baby with a pacifier, I learned to put food in my mouth when I was upset.  I need to separate that. I don't blame my parents I think this is very common thinking. 

I made a breakfast shake today. It has milk, whey protein, a little heavy whipping cream in the blender. It was very good. It was a little low on fat so I had some walnuts with it. I do love my walnuts.  I will be fine, I just need to eat a lot of fat and protein to fill me up so I don't want the carbs.  

I work tonight. I have to pay for a ride home so I will actually make less than when I work a day shift even though I work "Longer".  Actually I think I make about the same.   

At any rate I am going to go get ready and come back. 

All set to go.  This headache is no joke and neither is the finger.  I suspect I broke it and will probably get it checked out this weekend.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: