Friday, June 9, 2023

First thing Friday

 We had some severe weather come through last night.  It knocked a tree down in the park on my way home. I was on my lunch and had a look outside and it was pretty crazy.  

Work itself was uneventful except for the mayhem you get when you lose power a few times and the generators kick in.  

I had a vicious headache all day/night yesterday but it was to be expected.  I have found it disappointing that virtually everyone I know is just very ignorant about health.  They spout all kinds of nonsense and I have to pretend to take it seriously or risk offending. That, with the headache, was a little taxing.  

I still have the headache today but hopefully not as bad. I bought 2 kinds of magnesium yesterday one quick absorbing, it says. It did seem to help some last night so I took some more when I got up (regular mag tablet and the "quick"one). 

June we do fundraisers for Children's Miracle Network (in Houston that would benefit Texas Children's Hospital), the other day at work a manager came by and said if I donated $2 I would get a sticker to put on my badge so I could wear shorts today.  My boss came by and saw the sticker later and gave me a little lecture about "no booty shorts". 

While, yes, I do own 3 pairs of booty shorts I would never wear them on the bus much less to work.  I plan to wear a more modest (10 inch inseam) short to work today.  Of course that means I need to shave my legs. 

I admit I am a little vain about my legs I think they look pretty good so that will be nice to show them off.  I haven't had any problem wearing the modest shorts on the bus. 

I had pretty uneventful rides to work yesterday but the last driver was just having a bad day, a guy in a wheelchair who couldn't maneuver it properly (he needs to be on Metro Lift), homeless guys with rolling carts full of junk. I have seen 2 homeless people this week who must be hoarders with carts loaded to the brim with stuff most would put in a dumpster.  One guy I saw twice. The driver never got a bathroom break she was running behind and couldn't stop.  So I felt bad for her send up a prayer if inclined.  Bus driving is not an easy job. 

I feel good that I am back on a good eating plan and cutting out the fake sugars. I was utterly addicted to them, and getting readdicted to the regular sugars, again.  That's a bad combo. I am doing whey protein shake with whole milk in the morning, and some walnuts. That stuck around forever yesterday which was great.  

One problem I have when not eating right I am insulin resistant and always starving.  I was full for several hours yesterday.  I had a piece of cheese for a snack before work and then a sandwich for dinner (keto bread, 2 pieces cheese, mayo, and turkey) and that worked well and kept my total calories/carbs down.  I will do that again today. 

But I am back on the healthy eating and feel good about taking care of myself. It will be interesting to see how much weight I lose. 

When Jack picked me up last night he said the power was out at home, it was. I still got my (personal) Bible out of the mailbox and brought that home. I have 2 small lanterns. I used those. I couldn't exactly read by them but I was able to find things. 

The problem I had I could not charge my phone. That was an issue.  I had some little power packs but they did not work.  I need to resolve that. 

I talked to my parents and went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night when the power came back (I have an old school battery run alarm clock so I would have been OK for that). I plugged in my phone and went to bed.  

I got the power bill that was $45 which I thought was fantastic considering I had the AC on at 82.  

That's it for now, I will do another post when I am ready to go.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL you had the AC on 82, Talk about hot as hell. I don't know how you do it. Fleas must love your house because it's so hot.

Heather Knits said...

Ha ha I'm a poor widow who only works part time. I can't afford to have it cold and I prefer it warmer anyway.

I do adjust it when I get a visitor, which is very rare now that my aunt has moved.

The $100 I saved on the electric bill can go to MUCH more fun things, like candy and Bibles.