Wednesday, June 14, 2023

 It's going to be miserably hot the next week or so. 

Yesterday I was in the house listening to the AC running a lot dreading my next electric bill.  And I have it set at 82! 

I did pay my last bill it was about $50 so hopefully the new one won't be too bad. 

But I will need to figure out the Bible Handout.  I have the performance fabric t shirt in a very loud safety orange so I can skip the (very hot) safety vest and still be safe. I will need to bring drinks.  

But that goes to how committed am I about giving up diet sugars and which is worse diet sugar or real sugar?  I can get a real Gatorade type drink with sugar in it or I can get the "Zero" version which has the fake sugars.  I am inclined to just get the regular one. 

In the meantime I will be bringing extra water to hand out if someone needs it.  (Matthew 10:42)  When I was 13 I went to to a church event at an amusement park.  The concession prices were very high and I only had enough for fries or a drink and I got fries,then got miserably sick with heat exhaustion and nearly passed out. They had to sit me down in the shade for a good while with an icy cold drink before I rebounded. Only much later did I learn antidepressants put you at a risk for heat stroke. It was an awful experience and I would not want anyone else to endure that.  Not if I can help out.  But a couple people I know got saved so that was good.  

And that's the thing.  I grew up Presbyterian.  They never preached the gospel, how to get saved, ever.  They gave me a very nice Bible when I was 8 but that was it.  Then a school mate invited me to Baptist VBS (vacation Bible School).  They preached the gospel THERE and I got saved.  Then I went back to the Presbyterians who still didn't preach to gospel to us kids until we were well into our teens.  

I'm a proponent of getting them young before the world gets a foothold, personally. I did confirmation and am a confirmed Presbyterian. If I had to choose it would be the PCA they don't believe in women in authority and have a Biblical view on sex. 

I need to take my shower.  

No comments: