Monday, June 26, 2023

I think I had heat illness

 [Last night]  One of the medications I take, I had forgotten, messes with the body's heat tolerance. I think I have been heat sick.  

I will be buying some Gatorade powder at work tomorrow if they have it. I am a little mad at myself I can't even take a cool bath without getting sick I should have figured it out.  

And that puts the kibosh on the "regular" Bible Handouts for the next little while, too.  Agh. But the house is a mess and I can do some prep work for the Handouts in the meantime (writing up those index cards for instance, I never did get a taker on that).  

[Today]

I didn't sleep well but I think I slept long enough.  I had Biscuit and Cleo in my bed that's always a good time.Cleo has this adorable thing where she licks my hand on occasion. I try not to use hand lotion or sanitizer as a result.  

My stomach is better and I don't feel so weak and sick. I am pretty sure it was either a bad sandwich or heat illness I think heat illness because I never had any digestive signs other than the nausea. 

But I can still do Handouts in the early morning. But for now I am going to focus on prep work so everything will be ready to go for the next Handout. 

And, yesterday, I had 4 women ask for Bibles just off the little sign on my cart so I can keep doing that. Please pray for all the recipients, protection from demonic attacks, desire to read the Bible, led to the right passages, guidance and peace, etc. 

I need to take a shower, do my God Time, get dressed, meal prep, breakfast (I had a banana already just as a warmup for my stomach).   

The protein shake settled OK.  I did up candy for the drivers (with Gospel material) and candy for work (without).  I am not to worried about people at work though.  There are devout Muslims doing prayer time in the break room and also new age people talking about the best crystals.  I'm just one of the crowd but I don't plan to directly hand anything out.  

If asked for a Bible I will direct them to my bag in the breakroom and they can help themselves.  

My ride will be a little late he says (for him probably 3 minutes) so I have a little more time online.  That's it for now!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heather: C here. I can try to do up a few index cards and get them to you. My handwriting is not the best anymore but I can try. Can you explain again what you want exactly? I cannot find the other post.

Heather Knits said...

Oh just an index card. Write on it "We're praying for you daily!" Maybe a first initial if you feel OK with that. Pick a Bible verse and write it if you'd like just chapter and verse not the whole thing. But just the "...daily" part would be fantastic.