Thursday, June 22, 2023

Can't sleep and considering a proposition

 We had a pretty good storm roll through here and I slept some after it passed; had Biscuit in bed which is always awesome. 

Woke up and decided to do up some Bibles to hand out. I had done up some index cards with "I'm praying for you daily!" and various Bible verses but it is a lot of work.  

So here is the proposition: would any of MY BELIEVERS be interested in helping me do up cards?  I am OK on Bibles for now but I could use more of these cards. I have done them up fancy with a couple of little Christian themed stickers or just barebones with the phrase. 

If so here is what I would like: verses from OT would go on plain white index cards (you can dress up if you want) and ones from the New Testament (I hand out a lot of New Testaments so would really need these the most) on a colored index card so I can tell them apart. And we could do "We're praying for you daily".  Then of course you would pray for everyone every day. 

If it sounds good hit me with a comment which I will not publish and I will get you my address.  The only thing you would need to mail it in a padded envelope because the cards will jam the DBCSS sorting machines at the Postal sorting facility. 

In a good week I hand out a couple dozen items so I will ask for help. That is one thing God is showing me: I need to ask more for help and I need to be asking for protection. 

That's it for now at 2 AM.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you want old Testament quotes when the old Testament is not valid any longer? The OT wss the law people are now under grace per jesus with the new testament.

Anonymous said...

You really shouldnt be giving strangers your address. Get a PO Box for Pete's sake.

Heather Knits said...

PO Box would be $20 each way or 2 hours each way on the bus.

People are under grace but there are good verses especially say in Psalms like the one "I was young but now am old I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread" Or Psalm 30:5 "Weeping endures for a night but joy comes in the morning".

The pastor who did my wedding was teasing me he was going to preach on the Proverb about it's better to live on the corner of the roof than with a nagging wife!

And what are you doing up at 4? LOL