Sunday, June 4, 2023

It finally stopped raining and some rap lyrics

 Sunny out, no doubt humid as well. 

Getting ready to go do the Handout. I need to take a shower, get dressed, Bible study, finish doing up Bibles and get them in my cart somehow. The large Bibles come in a case that won't fit in my cart so I will have to move them. 

I am taking my 4-wheeled cart as it navigates better. I had an interesting dream about the Handout, that people from the church actually came out and supported me.  

Last time they did not. 

But I am going to tell them, if they give me a hard time, no one in the neighborhood has said the church has reached out to them.  No, they have said we need you and specifically asked me to come back.  Which I think is an indictment. 

But you never know, we could partner up and they could give me Bibles and some sort of written "come as you are" invitation for the "hood" and do some good...it would be nice.  

But more likely to get "the attitude" from them because I am not handing out King James. I will if I can get it but I just happen to have the NIV's today.  

To quote rapper Lacrae from Send Me/Represent 

I seen it with my own twoThere's no way I can show youA perfectly poverty stricken peopleWith no viewAnd i bet you can't believe thisThey never heard of JesusHeard of young buck, lil wayneAnd young jeezy
No one's signing up to goOn missions this summerRather sit at home and watchXzibit pimping a hummer
While a nine year old is shot downNo one's screaming 'stop now!'No bridge illustrations for criminalsWho on lock down
People deep in AfricaLooking for an answer bra' in china manThey're dying manUntil they know who died for sinsSo look what grace didNot for us to stay hid
Inside our comfort zonesAt home in mama's basement
Get out on the grind y'allAin't no better time dawgI know y'all read the great commissionLet me just remind y'all:Make disciples of the nationsTeach em to obey the LordHate to never lead someone to ChristBefore I face the Lord send me I'll goSend me I'll go send me I'll goLemme go lemme go!
Hey! After, 1000 years in the west and the church isGet'n bigger daily withoutUnderstanding worship (say what?)
Some regenerated but a lot ain't savedYou walk outside and be surprisedCuz the block ain't changedAnd the numbers, they be getting em
Something still ain't hit'n themAmerica ain't christian they justPracticing a ritual
That's why we should be missionalHey, what you think i'm spit'n for?The united states is dyingAnd in the east it's looking pitiful
Some places if they catch youThey'll arrest you they'll serve youBut they still need the word tooThe gospel should be heard tooWe claim we ain't ashamedBut yet we ain't hit the block upWere in our christian bubbleWhile our brotha's get'n locked upLord i wanna stock up pack a bag and walk upIn a country where sharing my faithMay get me shot upAnywhere i go, whether my city or far abroadI just wanna show 'em JesusChrist the risen holy God
Send me I'll go send me I'll goSend me I'll go lemme go lemme go!
Represent! Get crunk!If you know you reppin' Jesus goAhead and throw it up

So I go, a fish out of water 😂

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would stick to once a month bible handouts. This way you have time to focus on yourself too.

Anonymous said...

Do as God leads, sister. It's no accident people are trying to discourage you.

Anonymous said...

Once a month would give you more time for planning, etc. But maybe still do your candy/tract stuff on a more regular basis.