Monday, June 26, 2023

I can't make this stuff up

 So work was OK but I made a small mistake.  Another coworker caught it and tattled, getting me in BIG trouble.  Customers and associates were not affected, the company did not lose money, they (2 bosses) did not like the way it looked so I got shouted at and made to feel VERY stupid.  Then intimidation and threats.  Over a very minor issue.  

I know of 3 customers called in compliments on me but I never heard a peep.  Did I complain?  No.  Only the fact I HATE LOOKING FOR WORK kept me from saying something.

Anyway I left with an impure heart feeling bitter and resentful.  I asked God to help with that.  And I asked Him for some encouragement if He wouldn't mind.  

On the first bus I encountered a former paratransit driver who remembered us and was very kindly.  That helped a lot.  My driver on that route (short version) was ALSO "thrown under the bus" by HIS coworker so I realized it's not just MY job.  I told him I needed to see that and we all had a laugh.

Then I JUST caught my last bus.  When I checked the mail I had a check from the IRS for my 2020 refund.  It was about 75% of my paycheck (every 2 weeks) so I can now say I am NOT worried about the electric bill.

For real, peeps.  Needless to say I feel encouraged!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't give that person candy. What is wrong with people?

Heather Knits said...

The coworker, yes, eats it I am certain. I leave it out where associates can get it but not customers.

The associate has been resentful as I am fairly well liked and everyone loves the candy. Now another coworker just brings her own candy and people love that but "J" brings things like crackers and expects everyone to be as excited. If you have a choice between a Now and Later and a cheese cracker it is pretty obvious which people will take so she is resentful about that. She is also a perpetually angry person. Not much I can do about that.

What gets me is the boss eats the candy (not in front of me but I have been told she gets into it), took a Bible Promise book (long story but she was having a very hard day and asked me what it was in my pocket), said herself I am "Very nice person" but is always acting like I am stupid. I think they get a good amount of work out of me especially considering what they pay me and the fact I am part time.

But if I am sticking my neck out doing evangelism (not at work!) I guess I will see the "chop" in various areas of my life and at the end of it I just have to try harder. And I will be asking a lot more "stupid" questions so they can't hang me like they did yesterday.