Sunday, June 4, 2023

Handout update

 Romans 8:28 says all things work for good. 

The Greenspoint area is pretty tough soil to till if you use a farming metaphor.  But if I go out there and do my thing I can generally hand out a couple dozen Bibles a trip.  

For once I looked at the time when I started and saw it was a little before noon. I worked for an hour.  A nice lady named Jocelyn came by and got some Bibles, I asked for prayer for the recipients, etc.  A guy calling himself "The minister of the streets" came by and got a couple of New Testaments.  I handed out nearly all of my whole Bibles.  

And then, rushing to get to a car (she looked like she would take some Spanish if I could just get them to her) I tripped over a sand bag and went splat. It was a good impact that knocked the breath out of me for a sec. I didn't fall in the street, thank God.  I dropped the Bibles but they were OK so I picked them up, realizing my hand was bloody.  

And later on I thought how many American Christians can say they have shed their own blood for the gospel?  I have, now. My hand looked pretty spectacular blood and dirt smeared all over. I also realized I had skinned my knee  But the hand felt OK (stiff) and so did the knee so I didn't do any permanent damage, and I didn't need any stitches.  

I thought about it for a minute after I got up and realized no one would take a Bible from that hand, and I would get blood on the sign if I held the sign with it. So I called it a day.  

I went to the gas station but the bathroom was out of order and I had to buy a bottle of water to wash up. Everything looked much better after I rinsed it off. I took the bus home and ended up giving away 7 Bibles/Scripture booklets to people I would have never served if I hadn't fallen.  

I know people worry I will approach the wrong person one day but that's not what got me.  It was a stupid sand bag on the ground! 

It doesn't look bad at all now. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tripped over a sand bag just like Joe Biden. Pretty funny.

Heather Knits said...

Oh it'll be funny once it stops hurting then I will have a great evangelism war story to tell. Scrape on hand looks much better today. Finger still stiff and hard to bend. Knee scrape OK as well.