Saturday, June 17, 2023

The good and the bad

 I have a tendency to lean negative when looking at things and I am trying very hard to break that.  

So.  I went to bed around 11 PM last night.  I set the alarm for 4 AM because I like to have several hours to get ready.  You can imagine my horror when I woke up and it was light out and 7 AM.  No shower for me.  I ran around frantically and forgot to feed the cats and boy Biscuit let me know it when I got home!  

My only bonus the cab driver had a problem and was running late as well so I had time for most of my Bible study. I would not have wanted to have this day without it.  

I have paper and digital, I have paper study Bibles, devotionals, etc. and I also have a lot of it in digital as well with some redundancies.  So I read the paper stuff that wasn't backed up digitally and took the tablet with me to work and finished reading it before I started.  A good way to get going; glad I did that.  

I made sure my alarm is set this evening so I will be able to get up on time tomorrow.  I am glad I do the Bibles the way I do for myself because I like having the duality, I guess.  

Work was insane.  I have a primary job and then boss lady wants me doing secondary things on top of that. I did all the primary functions very well but could not do some of the secondaries.  She wasn't happy about that; the other boss was assigning me things that directly contradicted my main job.  An example one boss is saying "Don't let anyone put anything there" at the same time the other boss is putting something there. Lots of customers as well and some nasty customer attitudes.  I was working my butt off barely got my break, lunch, and 2 bathroom breaks and I had to beg for the bathroom. 

What got me was they were scolding me for the things I couldn't do - no SINGLE person could have done all they wanted, but I didn't say that. As a former boss I figured they didn't want any "backtalk" I just said "I will do what I can" or something like that.  Not only that not a single word of appreciation for all I was doing.  

"Heather, you are doing a great job with the Rickermrocks and the do-dads, when you get a minute could you help out with the widgets or is that too much right now?"  Oh I would have LOVED that.  Walmart really needs to focus on this in my opinion and I don't care who reads this.  

So I fled out of there like they set me on fire when it hit 4.  

But while I was working...I couldn't log in this morning so I went to personnel and did that.  When I went to take my lunch I had to go back to personnel.  I rebooted my phone and I had been logged out of the app and I couldn't log in again.  

I don't really have the words to explain what I needed but there is a thing you do on the phone that brings up the open windows and you can flip between, say text messages (with my log in code) and the app, so I could input the code..  It would not work for anything.  I was about to cry/scream something.  

The lady from electronics walked in and I asked if she could help, she took a look and said she didn't know, which was not encouraging for the techspertise in Electronics.  But she said "Nancy" "was good with that stuff" so I went over to Nancy.  She looked at it, asked a few detailed questions on what I wanted, worked on my phone for a few minutes, changed a setting, showed me what she did, asked if that was OK and this button here would do the little windows like I wanted, and showed me, was just wonderful.  So that was done but I hadn't logged in again yet.  

I was so happy with Nancy I asked if she liked chocolate and she said yes.  I asked if she liked nuts because I usually gift the Symphony bar with almonds.  She said no she liked plain milk chocolate.  So I went and bought a giant (really says that on the package) and gave that to her, then WAS able to log in again.  So that was great and hopefully NO more drama with the app. 

So I could log back in from lunch, and log out - the first time it said PUNCH FAILED and I thought Oh Dear Lord Here We Go Again, sent up a quick prayer, and it did work.  THEN I ran out of there like they set me on fire.  

I wanted a lemonade but was done with the store so I went to the gas station.  There was a guy there buying $20 of lotto tickets and only $7 of gas.  He took a while.  The lady mentioned in passing she was not a Walmart employee so I gave her a tract and some candy when she rang me up and she was happy to get it.  That makes me very happy.  

I got to the bus stop and literally 2 minutes later the bus arrived so that was not bad at all. When I got to my transfer point I was mostly in the shade so that wasn't bad, talked to a homeless lady, gave her candy and 2 Bibles.  She couldn't decide which one she liked better so I gave her both and she put them in her bag (New Testaments).  

I got home and found a gift someone had sent me from Amazon.  A solar cell phone charger will be good after disaster. And I got the card!  Encouragement and gifts!  That was very nice. 

Of course writing this all out makes me feel better too so that's it for now.  

Biscuit still isn't speaking to me.  LOL  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 2nd job is at mcD, no thinking required. It's fast paced, the crew is a team and I love it. I told them I wanted back off house and they gave it to me. I roll burritos from 6 am to 9, prep the cooler for lunch, then 1.5 hrs of dishes and I'm done at noon. I'm 65 and have no plans to retire.