Saturday, June 24, 2023

Early Saturday and another recipient to pray for

 Dad bought me 2 hand carts.  One is one of those bigger, wire basket "Old lady" types great for groceries and Bible Handouts. I also have a smaller one that is basically an L shape with a retractable handle and a milk crate I mounted on it with some bungee "ropes" (Ron's term). I figured out a way to put a small "Free Bibles" sign on that and have been taking that to work (the sign comes off,and my Free Bibles hat,when I get off the bus at work). 

I have been standing next to "busy street" for a couple of years now going to work trying to figure out a way to reach out to all those cars. The sign seemed a good way to do it. 

I know the cars see it because I went out the day after Sandy Hook and I had a sign mounted on my cart like that (not thinking about cars on the way to the handout it was just a practical way to carry the sign).  And I had 2 cars pull over, seeing the sign on the cart, while I waited at the bus stop.  I remember that. 

So I thought it might be a good way to try. And yesterday a nice man in dreadlocks pulled over, got out of his car, walked up, and asked for a Bible.  It was great!  I will keep doing that!   Please pray for him!  

Work was OK except for being queasy. I got it all done that is the important thing. Ace (cab driver buddy) came right on time. I asked him to come a couple minutes "late" so I could get him a Dr Pepper and he said he liked the root beer better, so I got him one.  It is easy to put this hand cart away and with it I can carry several of the nice, bigger, Bibles.  I would rather have the one hand cart vs. several bags.  

My adopted Mom called me a "bag lady" once and I do look like one on occasion. 

Still queasy today but I did sleep OK.  We had a lot of lightning last night but no rain. It didn't affect my power but I did unplug everything. 

Cats are good Cleo got in bed with me for a while, and Biscuit of course.  Spotty seems to get Ron's old (Bible) room so I will see him during Bible study. 

That's it for now!  

No comments: