Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday Morning

I slept pretty well, but woke up with a nasty headache.  They are more in the upper neck area these days, with radiating pain over the entire head.  I took some Excedrin but I am worrying about rebound headaches.  And, reading up on it, it sounds like what I have. 

The cure will not be fun, no headache pills for weeks.  Not sure how I am supposed to be functional like that but I will figure something out. 

A couple of times a week, Ron needs me to keep from falling, or help him get up again after he did.  Helping to pick up, or restrain, a human being from falling is heavy lifting.  That is going to suck. 

I got up.  I didn't turn the light on because surely Biscuit was smart enough to get out of my way as I walked down the hall?  But he wasn't, and I stepped on him.  He cried out, making me feel terrible, and I gave him a little extra food. 

I took my Excedrin and drank a Diet Mountain Dew.  After eating, Baby Girl ran over to the computer room and curled up in my chair.  I went over to her.  I wanted to use the computer.  She looked up with her remarkable brown eyes, purring. 

I wouldn't move her.  I moved her chair back from the computer and put an uncomfortable kitchen chair right next to the computer.  We stayed that way, both of us happy, while I worked on the computer. 

I also started the washer on the cleaning cycle,  I am supposed to run it every month and try to run it on the first, but I forgot.  I got it today, though. 

Ron woke up, we talked for a while, he drank, then went back to bed.  He kept telling me how much he loved me and gave me a hug, with the bad arm even.  I like it when he hugs me with the bad arm.  I don't talk much about it but Ron's right arm is pretty much useless.  He hugged me as he lay in bed, talking to me and petting my hair.  He really likes me with long hair.  He told me he would work on the report later today. 

It is supposed to be a nice, warm, day.  I plan to take a nap when I can, although I may wait until I can hit my eating period after 10 AM.  It is funny how every day I sleep (ideally) for hours during my eating period.  I am down a couple of pounds but the blood sugar is about the same.  Not bad but when I finally see a doctor I will ask them about it. 

In the meantime, I have some stew in the fridge, waiting to be eaten, although right now I'm not wanting anything heavy. 

Yesterday at Sam's I bought 3 hot dogs.  I gave one away, and ate one.  And remembered the third after it had been hanging, for several hours, on the back of Ron's wheelchair.  Food safety classes taught us that anything at room temps for over 4 hours has to be thrown out.  I think it is even less time, now. 

I would have liked that hot dog but it's not worth getting sick.  I may just eat some fruit when my eating time breaks, and then take a nap.  I have plenty of good stuff, hard to believe it is almost time for another box. 

I will probably take out some chicken to thaw, so I can make a curry, in the next day or two.  We will see. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: