Monday, February 11, 2019

Starving wolf

It was a bad night.  Ron got drunk and belligerent.  But he also got very confused.  He got me out of bed 3 times because he was disoriented in the kitchen.  I told him it would all look OK tomorrow and got him to calm down.  Then he got belligerent.   Repeat and repeat again. 

I did not sleep well.  This from the man who spent all day yesterday swearing his undying love.  When I complained today, he said, quote "Good, at least I tuned out like I wanted". 

Rude!  Selfish!  Immature! 

We went to work.  I did it all, pretty much.  Even when Ron does something I am right there putting in in his lap, telling him what it is, un-ringing it, etc.  It used to be Ron could go to work and do everything but the snacks, not anymore. 

I forget what they call it but Ron is now in the category where he can't work unless someone is standing there helping him all the time.  You would think he would take better care of me. 

We finished it and went home.  I was finally in my eating period: now that is hard.  Standing there in front of the vending machine filling it up with delicious treats, and I'm fasting.  Very hard.  I may need to modify when I eat. 

When 10 AM arrived, I fell on my turkey sandwich like a starving wolf.  I also had a protein shake. 

That last hour is pretty hard, even if I moderate my caffeine.  I will keep this up until March, unless I start gaining weight. 

I laid down for a nap after I ate.  I had a pretty good nap with Torbie, but I woke up with a headache.  I got on the computer for a while and decided to make some dinner.  I had some leftover chicken stock in the fridge.  I took that and made some rice, then opened up a can of chicken.  It was bland, but I had a pretty bad headache and strong flavors will sometimes make me queasy.  One reason I haven't made that curry. 

When it was ready, I dished up a bowl and ate it, took my pills.  It worked very well for taking my pills.  I bagged the leftovers and froze them.  Poor chicken.  Canned and then frozen. 

Then I got on the computer and decided to make my Walmart order.  I like to get it Tuesdays as they get their delivery Tuesday morning.  It only makes sense to shop a freshly stocked store. 

I spent about $50, not counting Ron's cat treats.  I got the "fixin's" for Sloppy Joes.  I haven't made them in years.  Ron likes them and so do I.  I got the meat, sauce, and buns, then I asked Ron if he would like cheese.  He said yes so I got that, too.  I got some salad greens and more bananas.  Cat food.  Things to replenish stock I had used up. 

I checked out.  They had delivery options for a whole week.  I picked tomorrow morning, later.  That way I can sleep in until 8 or so. 

I just finished that up.  I am kind of jittery from my medication.  I don't recall that happening before.  Well at least they are working. 

I was so disgusted at Ron when he was so hateful about keeping me up all night.  People do that as TORTURE. 

I had better sleep tonight. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

I have been behind on reading we have been struggling here with some bad weather. But all is well . I wanted to tell you I started intermittent fasting along with ..get this ..vegan keto for 2 weeks then vegatarian keto being my main avenue , as long as I am in ketosis I have no appetite but I have also found drinking bullet tea or coffee in the morning holds me until my “window” then I changed it since my main problem is night eating I eat from 6am to 2pm lost almost 20lbs this week I am cutting myself to eating between 6-12 because I am going to a retreat where we will be only eating at 6 and noon for 10 days so I am hoping to be primed for it!
I like intermittent fasting but do not think I could do it unless i was in ketosis myself . But i also realized once i am in ketosis I can eat upwards of 80 carbs a day and still loose weight and stay full. The lentil soup you got me to make was a point there I eat beans and things like hummus and lots of curries Indian food is great for vegetarian keto, eggs and dairy . Vegan was crazy for me I need dairy ! . Anyway I do add meat when I feel like I need it but like you I try to listen to my body. Try blending grass fed butter into your morning drink if you can handle something hot like tea? I know you do not like coffee I make some chai or black tea and just whip the butter in with a spoon and it is gives my brain and body the boost until eating time ..if you have not heard of bulletproof coffee check it out I do not add the MCT oil just the butter I have even made it with chicken broth it is still part of my fasting period IMO because it is only fat it will help bump you to consume your visceral fat is what “they say” . Who knows I can just tell you I am shy a few oz of loosing 20lbs and eating a lot of food mostly 60% fat 20% pro 20% carbs and I feel so much better than I have in AGES ....... are you online with the my fitness pal? Big hugs and know you are a wonderful person with so much insight hopefully you can get out more and do more ..I really think because he is so much worse at night you may want to mention this to his doc ? OOOXXX

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another day in paradise. Maybe next time he wants to pet your hair like you are a dog you will walk away. The man is incapable of being anything more than a blind, drunk, narcissist. And unfortunately he will never put you or your feelings ahead of his own selfish needs and desires. He does the same thing to the cats. He can't help himself. And yes as you have stated many times before you were very smart to make sure this monster was never allowed to have children to manipulate and hurt the way he has done to you.