Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sunday Morning

I forgot to mention some aspects of my day, yesterday.

Coming out of the building at work, I found a couple of young men, dressed like gang members, talking like gang members, in the very bad neighborhood that is work.

No one wears that much red, especially a young man, unless it is a uniform.

For whatever reason it is all about the Bloods gang for me.  I run into Bloods everywhere I go.

Anyway, I watched them for a few seconds while I waited with Ron at "the bench".  We actually had a hand in getting that bench.

When we first started at the plant, they had a full blown bus stop with glass sides, a roof, and a long bench for Postal Workers to wait on their pickups.  They demolished it during the remodel and never rebuilt anything.

Let me tell you, if it sucked for me, working part time, to stand out there in my work boots after work, waiting half an hour on my ride, I knew it had to suck for them.  I mentioned it to our boss.  He said "I can't do anything about that, but talk to the union".

I found someone friendly and told her what I said about the work boots and standing outside.  She was upset we had nothing and said she would "fix" that.  Sure enough, we got a simple bench.  It wasn't like the old one but it was a place to get off my feet, and that's a blessing.

I think I use it more than the postal workers.  Thank God for it, too.  Those work boots are not exactly plush.

So I sat on it, one eye on the street, the other on the young men.  Thank God for 2 eyes, times like this.  I talked to Ron, who I sat in front of me, in his wheelchair.  The young men were totally oblivious to us, or chose to ignore us.

On one of my message boards they talk about going "gray man" - wearing unremarkable clothing and acting in a "typical" manner for the population, blending in.  For instance, a cowboy in full gear at a rodeo.  That same cowboy would stick out like a sore thumb in Portland.

So I pretty much wear a t-shirt and jeans to work, with the work boots.  It works for me and doesn't send up any red flags.

After a minute or two, I dismissed the men as "not a threat" even though they were likely gang members.  Our ride arrived.  They did not bother her.  One of them left, going the other direction, right before we left.

We went home.

I laid down.  I heard the little girl (the youngest) next door screaming maniacally next door and running around in her yard like she just got released from prison.  Well, the weather was "nicer" so I figured she was just enjoying it.  Even though the weather hasn't really been "bad" here by any standard.

I tried to sleep.  After about 45 minutes she was joined by more kids, on the trampoline, screaming at the top of their lungs, yelling, and running around right outside my bedroom wall.  Biscuit was paralyzed, he wanted to go out and investigate, very badly.  But the kids are cruel to him, scream at him, throw things, got him or his brother cornered one day, in their yard, during one of their parties, so he is afraid of them.  He kept going in and out.

I got up before my alarm went off.  No point - I wasn't getting any sleep.  The thing that really pisses me off about next door, just when the youngest will be "too old" for running around and screaming, the oldest will be dropping babies who will do so.

At this point I thought it was just #6's family, even though this isn't really typical for them since they got the playroom, 3 years back.  I got up and got dressed.

I looked out the front window and saw a strange pickup parked in #6's driveway.  They have room for 3 additional cars since they got rid of that old passenger van.  I even saw the husband/father come home during the height of this and carefully pull into "his" spot.

So, visitors, maybe a party.  We went to the Waffle House.  When we came home the kids were back in the house and things were pretty quiet.  I went to bed around 8, they were playing music and talking loudly.  But they settled down around 9 and I got some sleep.

I got up with a headache, tired of that.  I laid in bed wishing for it to go away.  It didn't listen.  Biscuit wanted his breakfast, so I got up and fed him, then took some Excedrin.  I'm getting ready to take my shower.

Not sure what I will do today, I need to clean the litter boxes for one.  I will probably do that before the shower.  The headache has abated somewhat but still around.

I am sick of this headache, it has been ongoing for a week.  I have to assume this one is hormone related as I got it right around my cycle.

I just hope I don't get the spotting, afterward, again.

Edit:
Ron woke up, went for some vodka.  He showed me the "burns" inside his mouth from his vodka, so he said.  They are canker sores, caused by vitamin deficiency, I told him.  He said he had taken one of his multis with iron and wondered if another would be a good idea.  I suggested he try one of my "without iron" tablets.  He took it. 

At least he is taking a multi on a regular basis.  Swanson does good work so I have great faith in their multi. 

I helped him sort through his food in the fridge.  Sometimes he "loses" food he wanted to eat and it ends up going bad. 

I told him I am going to do a potato curry with coconut milk.  I asked his opinion on various curries but he wasn't interested.  So I sniffed this and that until I settled on the Vindaloo curry.  This is what I use.  I have been reaching for it lately.  It isn't super hot but it has a little bite.  I grew up on a pretty flavorless cuisine.  I hope my stepmother doesn't read that.  But spices just weren't used that much and food was pretty plain. 

It was always cooked to temperature, not overdone either.  Just not very spicy. 

So I am learning to season.  I like the Vindaloo.  So I put the bottle on the counter next to my little tetrapak of coconut milk (looks like a juice box), and of course the potato. 

Ron, after drinking and treating the cats, went back to bed.  He is pretty drunk and almost fell on the floor.  If he had, I would have left him until he sobered up.  I have done so before. 

No sense "bothering" the paramedics unless Ron is in danger (like a hot garage in the middle of summer). 

That done, I cleaned the litter boxes, 3 of them.  They weren't too bad.  One had some fresh pee in it so a little pungent but I got that. 

My guys, by the way, use Scoop Away Ultra.  It is very important, I read, to keep them on the same litter once you find a good one.  So I always try to pick some up.  I have a 40 pound reserve I keep strictly for emergency, but I have plenty right now. 

Biscuit was thrilled when he found "his" litter box cleaned.  He jumped right in.  I find it cute to watch the cat use the box right after I clean it.  They can't wait to make their mark. 

The trash company has a 50 pound limit on the trash cans, which I try to respect.  I probably put a good 15 pounds of litter into the can today.  I will need to go easy on my purging of things this week. 

I will take a shower and then a nap.  I am pretty tired, but I was able to take my pills this morning.  That is great as I can tell, viewing my pill organizer, I didn't get to do that most days last week.  I took the evening pills (you would be able to tell if I hadn't), but the morning pills didn't happen. 

I got those down and didn't aggravate my headache, which has stayed pretty much gone.  I am hungry, so I will finish some leftovers in the fridge.  It is nice to have my appetite back. 

I just need to take that shower, and figure dinner out later.  Ron has plenty of food to eat but I felt so crappy yesterday I didn't really think of myself. 

No comments: