Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A good day for cuddles with Torbie, at least.

Not a good day.  I had planned to get rid of a bunch of plastic soda bottles and my old business records (20 years old).  Feds say toss it after 7-8 years, and we have them literally going back decades.   They take up a lot of room in the garage and I would like to toss them. 

But I woke up with a crippling migraine.  I took my migraine prevention herbs and some ginger root.  I was OK for a while but they didn't stay down.  And it made my headache worse. 

I got my Walmart delivery.  He was a very nice young man (delivery people have been all ages and races, which is great).  He was very careful with "the goods".  I got everything moved into the garage, signed off, gave him his tip (I do a measly internet tip, and a more generous cash one), which was greatly appreciated.  Then I took everything into the house (that part sucked) and put it away. 

I got a lot of really good food, like ground brisket, extra sharp cheddar cheese (Walmart subbed the name brand for the store brand, at the same price), sloppy joe sauce, wheat buns, salad fixings, etc.  It was all in perfect condition (it always is) and well worth the $8. 

Ron came into the kitchen while I was working.  I didn't mind that, but I did mind his attitude once he started drinking. 

Ron was pretty awful to me, as I've said.  I really didn't appreciate the shouting.  He shouted at me when I told him I had a migraine and demanded an accounting of yesterday's food.  I told him and he screamed at me the chicken and rice was probably the trigger, how could I be so stupid to eat it...etc.  He was drinking and yelling and I finally went to bed.  If I'm not there, he winds down.  But then he made noise in his room - louder than he had to be. 

I went to bed.  Earlier, Torbie had gotten in my lap and been very cuddly.  She is a very good cat and I love her fiercely.  She joined me in bed, wanting petting, which I gave her.  She is such a sweet cat, I don't see how anyone could throw her away.  She's mine now and I do everything I can for her. 

I laid down for a couple of hours.  I didn't want to ask Ron about his Waffle House trip.  I didn't want to get shouted at again.  When my alarm went off I got dressed.  Ron's alarm went off and he got dressed.  By this time, it was so late we HAD to go or get 2 penalty marks.  He already had one from this morning. 

I think I told you about it, but if I didn't: a cab showed up in my driveway, saying he's going to take us downtown.  Ron is mostly naked in bed, asleep.  When the driver gave me the address I knew it wasn't a good trip, and I told the driver.  He wanted my name, I told him, his wife, Heather.  He went away. 

Ron woke up and I told him, he said I had done the right thing.  He went back to sleep, then I got the delivery and he got awful. 

I tried to take a nap but I think I vomited again, then I lay down.  On the positive side, I did weigh myself this morning and I am down 5 pounds on intermittent fasting.  I think it works because I have a smaller window to eat my calories, and I think more about what I'm going to eat. 

I laid down with Torbie, Biscuit came around for a while but he left.  When the alarm went off I got up and drank one of "Ron's" Diet 7 ups.  He uses them for his drinking vodka.  He probably would have been upset to know about it, but I felt horribly nauseous, and thirsty, at the same time.  That is a horrible place to be. 

We went to the Waffle House.  I was still pretty queasy but at least holding down liquids.  I had a glass of ice water, and a diet coke, for dinner.  Ron ate a greasy, meat concoction with fried onions.  I could smell it.  I made a point not to look at him eating because that will make anyone lose an appetite even if they aren't sick. 

I talked to my aunt about the proper handling of iceberg lettuce, and migraines.  I hung up about the time Ron finished his dinner. 

We had the same driver to come back.  He was training a new guy who did a pretty good job. 

We got home and I realized my headache was better.  Happily, today's headache was only a 12 hour headache.  Apparently.  It's still lurking around but I'm sipping my gatorade and looking at the lighted screen with no difficulty. 

I should be fine in a couple of hours, about when I need to go to bed.  But I made it through another one and that's what matters.  I even remembered to call my doctor and ask for a refill on the Risperdal.  We can get that from the pharmacy when we pay the electric bill. 

Ron's mood was a lot better after dinner.  He did ask me if I thought it would be OK to ask a woman at work a sex question, since she used some raunchy slang with him one day.  I told him these days it doesn't work like that.  She can say whatever she wants to you, but if you say something back you are harassing her and could be booted from the location.  For once, he didn't argue with me.  Glad he asked before bothering her. 

That's it for now.  I already selected my produce for my delivery box so I will get stuff I want.  They always have stuff I don't want in the default box, so I have to change it.  I am fairly picky when it comes to vegetables. 

But it is nice to have healthy and fresh stuff on hand.  When I feel better I can eat a banana, for instance. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah wait. - WHY IS YOUR HUSBAND EVEN CONSIDERING DISCUSSING SEXUAL TOPICS WITH ANOTHER WOMAN AT WORK??? this is not right and not ok. On like so many levels. Inappropriate at work, to the woman, and TO YOU. I don’t care that he realized you were right - the fact that he wanted to broach this topic at all is downright disgusting. LEAVE THIS DIRTBAG

Heather Knits said...

I know, right? He has no rulebook for normal sexual mores. "Don't talk about this" "Don't tell the gay oral sex joke" "Don't talk about your sex life to other men" (he has, and that really infuriated me), and don't ask other women about their sex life.

I can barely understand how he is always asking the women drivers about their childbirth experiences but asking sex questions? No.

I will share something about Ron and the accident. There was a woman at work, "Sherry" about his age. She would make comments like she was going to pinch his butt, flirting with him, etc. I don't know how far it went BUT after the accident she called me in hysterics. She was more upset than me, even, demanded all the details of his injuries, screaming and sobbing. I didn't act like that. His own family didn't act like that.

I have assumed he was having some sort of relationship with her and that is why she got so distraught when Ron got hurt. Ron has had a bad track record of "playing" at work.

Not since the accident, though. Just "asking questions". In today's climate of sex harassment, etc. asking anything even remotely out of line can get you tossed, wheelchair and all.

He needs to realize he is not in protected status anymore.