Friday, February 22, 2019

I go there, again.

Some things I won't talk about.  And I shouldn't. 

BUT I am highly frustrated.  As you know, I asked Ron to buy me a new toilet four and a half years ago.  At first it worked great, no issue.  Then we had failure to flush issues. 

What's that?  Well, just what I said and I will not provide details because I'm sure you don't want them.  Almost detailed.. but didn't. 

Not doing that to you guys.  It comes and goes, but the problem being what is put into the toilet is not being taken out.  At first it stopped making the "glug glug" sound Ron sought.  We had plumbers out a few times over that, they were pretty baffled but said it seemed to flush OK. 

NOT any more.  This is an American Standard, by the way.  I have noted that in my brain for when I shop for my next toilet. 

It flushes OK for Ron but not for me.  I will not give any more details on that.  It isn't backing up but it's not flushing. 

Today found me standing over the toilet with a 5 gallon bucket in hand, pouring water into the toilet manually, which actually resulted in the best flush I've heard in a while.  That is just untenable. 

I have told Ron I would like to buy a kit of new "inside parts" for the tank and have them installed.  See if that works.  If it does not, get a new toilet. 

I am just really angry and disappointed, this was supposed to be a good thing for me, not a bad one.  I got rid of the old one because it backed up all the time and I wanted a better toilet experience. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it could be a problem with the parts in the tank. Here is a website with more information for you:

https://mikediamondservices.com/blog/get-stronger-flush/

Good luck to your flushes.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's not the toilet itself. Do you have trees near the main sewer pipe Could be roots, have you ever had the main inspected with a camera and cleaned out?

Heather Knits said...

Oh, we had that checked too. "Very clean" pipes according to the plumber. He seemed impressed. Everything drains great except the toilet, which makes me think whatever pushes the water into the toilet is failing.

Because it did flush great with the bucket. We'll get it.