Tuesday, February 26, 2019

No Mountain Dew!

I slept OK last night but I woke up with a bad headache.  Ron was also making a lot of noise, but it was 7 am, not that far till my alarm, so I just went ahead and got up.  I got on the computer for a while, watched some TV, and

Ah!  Walmart just emailed me!  No Diet Dew!   [cries]

Just got the delivery and everything was OK except for no Dew.  Same guy I had before, I like him, he is very nice. 

Great delivery.  Until he drove off and I realized his top was still in my pocket!  I feel like a total shit.  Of course Walmart sends an email every time asking if I want to tip.  I tried to do that but it didn't work.  I went to the Walmart grocery website and it asked if I wanted to tip, I did it there.  I normally prefer to do an off the books tip but in a pinch I will put it on paper. 

I've had a pretty ferocious headache all day but it isn't incapacitating.  I put away all the food.  Again, perfect bananas and tomatoes.  Again, great sell by dates (plenty of time to cook) the meat.  I got lots of cheese.  I thought I was buying the small package of cheese sticks but I got the 36 count.  That will keep me busy for a while! 

I took the chicken out to thaw - I put it in a gallon ziplock, in the fridge, to thaw.  I will put it in the crock pot tomorrow with the tomato sauce and spices.  It should be pretty good. 

I will pull the skin off because chicken skin in a crock pot is just nasty.  I think I will pan fry the skin with a little seasoning and make cracklings.  No sense in wasting it and I love fried/baked chicken skin. 

I got three thighs, I think that will be plenty.  I am OK with them having bones because it's just one bone each, easily pulled out (especially after slow cooking), and the bones add more flavor. 

I am curious to see how it turns out - that is a question mark: will it be good? 

Now, for a "sure thing" I bought a big jar of taco seasoning.  You use it with ground beef.  I think that is a sure thing and will be very good.  Then I have the pork sausage.  I can cook that in tomato sauce and serve it over carbs or by itself.  I have done that many time. 

The only bad thing being they didn't have the Mountain Dew, but I will live.  We will have to go to Walmart pretty soon to get Ron's medication anyway, so I can do it then.  I still have "plenty". 

So a good grocery run and only a few minutes long!  Maybe 10 minutes on the computer and 5 minutes putting it away, a nice smiling face to bring it and help me put it in the garage, a good experience.  Oh, and this delivery was free because I used the code "Delivery".  Even better. 

It's about time for me to eat so I'm going to go do that.  I'll post again later. 

No comments: