Saturday, February 9, 2019

Comfort cat

Sorry to leave you hanging.   It was a crazy day. 

Got to bed late, slept OK, got up.  Took care of me and Ron.  We went to the warehouse.  I bought our supplies, about $400 worth.  A week's worth. 

8:30.  Jack calls. 

A little back history, Jack called a few days ago to say the truck wasn't working.  Took it to the dealer and "got it fixed".  BUT this morning, it won't work. 

Well, crap.  I'm sitting there looking at the cart load of merchandise and thinking I will have to return it, then take a cab home, if the truck stays dead. 

About 15 minutes later Jack calls, he got it to work and is outside.  We quickly load the truck and go to work.  The truck is making funny noises but it has "go" so I'll take that. 

We get to work and unload.  I waited behind to make sure Jack could leave, he got the truck going again and said he was going to the dealer. 

He was pretty upset, but reasonably so.  He had just paid 4 figures to get the truck fixed (eeep!) so he wanted something that worked.  Totally reasonable expectation. 

We got to work.  I mainly focused on getting all the crap into our tiny stockroom.  Once I accomplished that we left. 

We had a good ride home with a short wait.  It was bitterly cold for Houston, wind chill made it feel in the 30's.  Stop laughing at me!  :)  That is horrible, for us.  We wore our "good" coats today, though. 

It was a straight ride.  I got Ron in the house and laid down.   I was pretty tired from all the drama.  I had a pretty good nap but woke up with a headache. 

Sick of the headaches.  I got up, Ron was asleep, when he woke up he was in pretty severe pain.  He just wanted to lie in bed with Baby Girl.  She's his comfort cat. 

A while ago, we were talking about her.  I said he must have missed her the times he was in the hospital.  He said yes, he had, terribly. 

I am always happy to see them together, they are absolutely bonded.   She knows he saved her.  When he found her, I wasn't interested in another cat, but he was adamant about keeping her.  So we did. 

I got online for a while and bought something.  I can't talk about what I bought except to say it is legal.  But it is not supposed to be taken internally.  If I was going to do that, or have Ron do that, I couldn't talk about it.  So I won't.  I am, as one site put it, burning it for incense.  Because I hear the incense helps with pain.  And not naming it either.  We will see what happens but I will apparently have to speak carefully, 

Google had a fit and made me do one of those "Are you a robot" tests where I had to click the photos, because I searched it "too much". 

So I got my incense, checked on Ron, he was pitiful.  So much for doing accounting work tonight.  Or going anywhere tomorrow. 

That's OK, we need to finish the report and all the restaurants are hell on the weekend.  Houston is a very large city. 

I decided I wanted some lemonade - punch rather - I drink the sugarfree.  I got a tube of powder and the scissors.  Something I have done many times before.  But I was foggy and got a finger in the way, cut it pretty good.  It didn't bleed too much, and clearly I can type on it, but oh, that wasn't fun.  That hurt like hell.  It doesn't look bad, though, maybe 1/4 inch.  It's not hurting or bleeding now, which is all that matters. 

I am still doing the intermittent fasting.  I do wonder if it is a factor in the headaches.  One thing I have noted, anything with aspartame drops my blood sugar and I get ravenous.  So I will only be doing aspartame during my "eating" period, with the exception of the Diet Mountain Dew in the morning.  I think I will get into the salmon tonight. 

I am guessing my headaches will be better if I cut back on the aspartame.  I have plenty of sparkling water at work so that won't be a problem. 

I only have half an hour to go eat so I'm going to leave this for now. 

No comments: