Thursday, February 7, 2019

Lentil version

Ron didn't do a good job of letting me sleep last night.  I finally woke up at 1:30, said screw it, and got up.  It was my understanding we would be leaving at 3.  

When I got on the computer I realized it was 4.  

I got out the crock pot, the liner, spices, can of tomatoes, etc.  I got the neckbones.  I arranged everything in the crock pot.   Closed it up and turned it on.  

Then I took a shower.  When I got out I could feel the appliance was warming.  I helped Ron get ready, we went to work.  

Sales were pretty dead.  We stocked, Dr Pepper came.  We left and came home.  

The house smelled great and the meat looked about half cooked.  I took a nap and woke up with a headache.  

I had done the intermittent fasting again today and only ate after noon.  I got up and checked on the food, it looked pretty much done.  

I got on the computer for a while, then watched some TV.  I unplugged the crock pot so the meat would cool.  I wanted to pick out the bones before I stored it.  I had a surprising amount of meat considering half the pot was bones.  

When it cooled down, I took out the bones.  I made a pot of rice and made portions of rice with meat and gravy.  I made one bowl for myself, one for Ron, and about 4 bags for the freezer.  I got the bags you can write on, which makes it a lot easier.  That way the mystery meat in the freezer is identified and dated.  

I ate my food.  I thought it needed more salt.  It was pretty fatty, which is good if you are doing keto or low carb, very filling over rice.  I finished it and took my pills.  

Ron said he was hungry so I took out his bowl.  He adored it!  He literally licked the bowl when he finished.  That's the nice thing about Ron, if he likes something he makes a point of letting you know.  The flavors did mingle well, I think due to the fact I did long slow cooking.  You couldn't taste onions, garlic, pepper, or tomato, but they blended into a nice gravy.  

He asked if we had more.  I told him I had bags in the freezer.  He asked me to take one out and put it on "his" shelf.  I did.  He is serious about liking this!  

He didn't say anything about salt so that must have been me.  He went back to his room.  

He is paying bills over the phone right now.  Our electric was about $48.  I am just waiting for the paper bill so we can pay it in person (there was a problem with Ron paying over the phone one time and we now have to pay in person).  

Someone is coming by later so I am staying up.  I did get a pretty good nap earlier so I'm not worried.  

I fed Biscuit about 12 hours after I fed him this morning.  It didn't seem fair to make him wait.  I will give him a little dry when I go to bed.  

I have some lentils soaking, I plan to make Ron some lentils and ham.  He really liked the version with black beans so I can only assume he'll like the lentil version.  

I took a little ginger root after dinner because the pills and the grease weren't mingling.  I feel better now.  Some foods are good, but a little heavy.  

At the rate Ron is eating these neckbones they will be gone in a week.  

Good.  I hate to waste food.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It’s 2019, why can’t you pay it online?