Saturday, February 23, 2019

I take enough pills

So, the rest of the day.  We had a good ride to the BBQ place and a good meal.  I had a chopped beef sandwich, a few biscuits, and a piece of pecan pie.  Ron had pork ribs, beans, and potato salad. 

My chopped beef was good, but a little fatty.  I was mildly disappointed.  The biscuits were good (I ate him!), especially with the honey butter spread I found in the condiment bar.  Ron really enjoyed his food, so, lesson learned, it is just impossible to get a perfect chopped beef, it is better to get sliced.  I will do that next time. 

Ron called to find the status of our ride and they said he was outside.  I got Ron aboard and off we went.  First we went to dialysis to pick someone up.  Then we dropped her off.  That took quite a while.  Then he took us home.  He was a nice driver and I would like to see him again. 

I checked my blood sugar, since it had been 2 hours since I ate.  Not bad considering I ate two biscuits with honey butter and a piece of pecan pie.  And the bun for the chopped beef.  I'm surprised it wasn't 300! 

I called my Dad when I had said I would, it went to voicemail.  Later on, I tried my stepmother and she sent me a message she would talk tomorrow.  I find it funny they complain if I "miss" a week but are often "busy" when I do call.  I am only calling once a week, as requested.  I won't say anything to them but it is a complex relationship. 

Ron gave me some money for tomorrow, so I don't need to worry about that.  I am concerned about my bus pass.  I got my first one some years ago, it is a disabled bus pass, with my face on it.  A few months before it expired they sent me a new one without me asking.  The "new" one has an expiration date of Feb 2019.  So I don't know if it even still works.  I will bring my $1.25 full fare each way with me just in case.  I am hoping they send me a new pass but if they are they are cutting it close.  We will see. 

He did give me some spending money, what I asked for (not much).  I get paid at the end of the week so I'm not worried. 

I will take my stun gun in case there are problems but I haven't seen that dog again, when we ride through the neighborhood.  I think it is gone. 

Anyway, that's it for now.  I am going to go make a cup of bitter melon tea and see if that helps my blood sugar reading tomorrow morning.  I know they have prescriptions for that stuff, but I would rather try something natural, with minimal side effects. 

After all, I take enough pills.  

No comments: