Saturday, February 2, 2019

Saturday

My delivery window for the produce box ended at 8.  I was curious to see how this was going to work, 7:15 came and I began to wonder.  Then I got a text from the company, 5 minutes away. 

I turned on the porch light, and, sure enough, I got my package.  I brought it in the house.  They had a nice sturdy cardboard box with logos, writing, and cute photos of misshapen vegetables all over. 

I went with "Imperfect" produce.  They sell "unlovable" produce at a discount, and deliver it. 

I opened it up.  It looked great.  I took a photo, which I could send in messages (the next day) but could not, for the life of me, upload to blogger.  Everything was there. 

I didn't think 8 ounces of ginger would be so much.  I have a lot of ginger, now.  Tons of citrus and other fruit, vegetables: tomatoes (for Ron), sugar snap peas (for me), and a massive, surface-scarred potato bigger than Biscuit's head.  I have no idea what I will do with this potato. 

I am thinking maybe a curry?  I gave Ron his mandarins and the tomatoes (put the tomatoes on the counter).  He is happy.  Now he has something decent to eat when he only wants a snack. 

We just went to the Waffle House.  Our ride was significantly late.  Ron and I have agreed we will not be going anywhere on Saturdays, except work, anymore.  It's just not worth it to get all upset and stressed over the rides, trying to fix them, rushing through the meal, etc. 

Not to mention some "kids" came in and played "The best of the 90's" playlist on the jukebox.  Ron wasn't too happy with that.  Yup, easier to stay home. 

We didn't have a bad time, but it could have been better.  And we know we will not get good rides on Saturday.  I would say probably 95% of the clients riding the service do not work, but they are accustomed to the "ritual of go out and run all the errands on the weekend, like a working person or someone with young kids, would do". 

We don't have to do that. 

I ate a grilled cheese with bacon.  It was very good but did not agree with my pills.  It looks like I am stuck with my 4 scrambled eggs and a pecan waffle.  That agrees with my medication. 

We had the same driver to come home. 

We had a pretty good day overall, and when I feel better I can eat some fruit for dessert.  God knows I have plenty of fruit, now. 

My big question is do I get my Walmart delivery tomorrow, or Tuesday?  I am wanting to hold out until Tuesday.  It will be quieter for the shopper and an employee once told me the get the truck and stock, Tuesday morning. 

No comments: