Friday, February 15, 2019

Another day of work

I slept OK last night and woke up with a better headache.  I took a good shower.  The toilet is misbehaving, I suspect we will need to buy a new one soon.  If we do odds are it will not be an American standard.  Which is sad.  Something with "American" in the name should be above average, not crappy (pun intended) toilets that fizzle in 4 years. 

Anyway, I got dressed, made sure Ron was presentable.  We left to go to the bank, we had a driver I do not like.  One, she is not a good driver.  Two, she doesn't listen to directions.  Three, she likes to make up her own route that goes nowhere near the destination.  Four, she put her purse in the front seat like it was a person and deserved to ride by itself.  All seats are supposed to be open to all patrons, unless another patron is in them.  She was in the wrong for doing that, but I didn't want to ride up front with her if she was going to be a bitch about it. 

Then Ron was trying to ask her to give him a referral for a driver, someone to help us with a pickup truck, until Jack's is fixed.  I kept trying to tell him to shut up and she kept saying "Oh, that would work?" and pointing out tiny pickups that didn't even deserve the name.  She plays games, I just KNEW anyone she referred would not be reliable.  I managed to change the subject, get Ron out of there, and then told him I would NEVER take one of her referrals. 

At the bank: I got paid, he got the rest.  We had a very long (over an hour) wait on our ride to the warehouse.  It was a driver who does not like Ron much, one of those "We're going to do it all my way" types.  Even if Ron's way (getting into the vehicle) works better for him, and is safer.  Nope, HAD to do it her way.  Glad to get out of there. 

I was pretty hungry for a change and bought a couple of hot dogs.  I guessed, correctly as it turns out, Ron would eat one.  He had mentioned wanting "one bite" off of mine, which generally means, much like the "one french fry" couples thing - that he needed his own, whole, hot dog.  He was freaking out thinking we didn't have enough time. 

I would have been faster but other customers were slowing me down, especially one old lady fumbling around in her purse at the checkout.  Her daughter had to take the purse from her.  I finally got checked out and went over to Ron. 

He was very relieved.  I gave him his hot dog and he went to work on it.  I took him outside and then took the cart - it wasn't a standard shopping cart that he could hang onto.  Besides, I have been stressing my shoulders a lot lately - they are happy, and I want to keep it that way.  Dragging the weight of Ron on a shopping cart would not help. 

At any rate, he was fine eating the dog while I got the cart.  We waited on our next driver, yet another speed demon, very aggressive, woman.  Our third of the day.  We had to do a special callout on the next client, who took her sweet time coming out. 

All clients receive a 10 minute warning their ride is on the way.  Much like I get a 5 minute warning on my produce box - it's coming!  That's when you start moving, in my opinion.  But some clients like to wait until after the pickup time, until they get a "special" call from a human being downtown, hurrying them (I'm looking at you, Ron, although he's been better lately), before they will move. 

Anyway, we finally got the princess loaded.  We had a very bumpy route to go to her destination at a community college.  The driver went to the "proper" spot.  The client had a tantrum, it was all wrong, she didn't go there, she went over the other way.  The driver said OK and took her, but, come pickup time, that woman's going to have a very long wait on her pickup.  And at the rate she was dropping her cell phone she won't be able to call and tell them where she is. 

Then we went to work.  I got everything unloaded while the driver dealt with Ron.  Between us, I wasn't happy with the way she handled him.  I had the back door open on the short bus, looking up the aisle, and could see what transpired.  She unlocked the wheelchair, shoved it at Ron, walked off, and left him to get in the wheelchair by himself while she put the tie-downs away.  He could have fallen, and that would have been her fault.  I make sure I am always holding the handles of the wheelchair when Ron "transfers". 

Was it worth calling in a complaint?  No.  But I hope she only did that with Ron.  If she makes it a habit with other clients someone's falling, and it won't be pretty.  The majority of the clients are elderly, and have bad bones.  That could have a very bad ending. 

We went in to work.  Today was basically take the water into work and park it in the fridge, day.  We did that.  Ron stocked a case of water.  We did an inventory and left. 

Our ride to go home was late, but not too bad.  He had catholic radio on, which upset Ron, although he managed to contain most of it.  Ron was raised catholic and really finds it abhorrent.  I can get him upset just by mentioning a few "features" of the faith, mary, the pope, stuff like that. 

His mother actually was given a huge plastic blowmold of mary to put in her bedroom.  It must have been 3 feet high.  Clearly taken out of a nativity scene.  She was thrilled. 

I wonder what the other kids did with it after she died?  I wonder what happened to all Ron's pictures?  Probably the garbage can for Ron. 

Anyway, the transmission wasn't working properly, I could tell, it was acting like Chuck's truck did right before it went down.  But we got home OK. 

My vegetables had been on the porch for over an hour.  I brought them in.  I felt bad for the lettuce, it was a butterhead, and rather limp on the outer leaves.  Then, later, I accidentally dropped it on the floor.  I will be focusing on it first because it is the most likely to go bad. 

Poor thing.  I feel awful for it.  But I've learned my lesson, no lettuce in the produce delivery box.  Citrus and all are fine, tomatoes, but not lettuce. 

That, I will apparently have to get from Walmart. 

Speaking of Walmart, Ron and I talked.  He really does not want to go to Walmart to get my medication, but he knows I need it.  So he will give me some money to pay Chuck to go get it with me Sunday.  I need my pills, but I can see why he doesn't want to go to the store.  Especially since we have to work in the morning. 

I put everything away, some nice mandarin oranges, some other oranges (can you tell I like oranges?) and a pummelo, which is huge.  The company said it was rejected by stores because it was too small.  I would hate to see an average sized Pummelo.  Ron said he would try some when I peeled it (not tonight).  Got all that put away, that's when I dropped the poor lettuce on the floor. 

AT&T came banging on the door for a sales call "Why did you leave us?"  I told her the same thing I tell all of them, the tech support was so horrible to me they made me cry.  I am very happy with my current provider and have had NO problems (unlike AT&T).  I have no intention of changing.  She acted all shocked and offended - well, lady, this is what you represent. 

I laid down for a nap but I couldn't sleep.  Torbie got on top of me and kept putting her paws in my face with the claws out, I'm not crazy about that.  I think she cut me, even.  I gave her enough petting to make her stop and go in her little house, but I still couldn't sleep.  So I got up and had a protein shake. 

I am eating a lot less lately but I want to focus on getting enough protein. 

Ron is heating up some of the pork I made (neckbones).  He is a big fan of that dish.  Good thing I wrote down the recipe. 

When he's done in the kitchen I will make myself a salad and eat some pizza for dinner.  I got a meatlover yesterday.  Maybe an orange for dessert. 

I am looking forward to the next day when I can just sleep in.  That won't be for a while, I get my medication Sunday and have to see the dentist Wednesday, and Ron wants to work Tuesday.  Boo-hoo, I know a lot of you have much busier lives. 

I just feel cheated due to last week with the migraine. 

No comments: