Wednesday, February 6, 2019

I kept telling him to shut up today

A difficult day. 

I got up on time, took my shower, etc.  Ron got himself ready.  I can only assume he must have woken before me and "went to the kitchen" before I was up and about.  He got dressed, shoes on the wrong foot, but I didn't notice until later. 

Then he went to the kitchen, but, looking back, he was probably pretty soaked already.  The driver pulled up.  She spent a lot of time making sure she was lined up with our driveway and not hitting the trash can.  She had a little "We're going to do things MY way" but other than that very nice. 

Ron almost fell transferring from his wheelchair to the seat, even though I had encouraged him to please stay in his wheelchair.  He was babbling about the mark of the beast and the driver kept thinking he was trying to give her directions.  I basically had to tell him to shut up so the driver could concentrate. 

Then he kept apologizing.  Kept saying something that could have gotten him thrown off the bus (that he was breaking a rule, nothing offensive at the driver).  I kept telling him to shut up. 

We got to Sam's Club.  I made a joke as we brought the wheelchair over "Now, don't embarrass me!" - and Ron promptly fell on the floor.  Again, he apologized, saying the thing that could get him to lose his service.  Shut up, Ron! 

It took the two of us (driver had her hands under his armpits) to get him in the wheelchair.  We went in the store.  It was surprisingly busy. 

I parked Ron at a table, got some money, and went shopping.  He had scheduled a cab ride home because he did not want to wait an hour on the paratransit.  I will say Ron has an easier time getting into a cab, usually, unless it's a Suburban.  God knows we did not need another transfer like the last one! 

I got the tea and looked at spices, then got in line.  It was a very long line.  I was surrounded by women speaking spanish.  An employee was going down the line, asking everyone if they were paying with a debit card.  I said "no" and left it at that.  She asked the woman behind me, who responded with a torrent of spanish and playing dumb.  Another customer had to translate.  If you can't understand "paying cash?" you shouldn't be shopping in that country.  Hell, you shouldn't be living there. 

Then the power went out.  They split the line in two and sent the people at the front to another register, bumping me up in line.  Great.  But the computer would not come back for that register so we all had to move after a while.  I finally paid and went over to the deli area. 

Ron didn't want to go out today, so I decided to get some hot dogs from the deli.  They are good and filling.  I bought 4, one for Ron, one for Arturo, two for me. 

Then I told Ron we were ready to go.  He slurringly told me it had almost been an hour, and we could have taken paratransit.  Well, that was his call, not mine.  Arturo was there in 10 minutes. 

I worried about getting Ron in the cab, but I had the wheelchair tightly shoved against the open door, so if he fell back he would land in the chair.  He managed to get in.  It was ugly, but he got it. 

I gave Arturo his hot dog, he was surprised and pleased.  He got the drinks and the wheelchair in the back, and I sat down. 

We had a good ride home.  Arturo put the drinks in the garage, once we opened the door.  You can see why we are so partial to him, he ruins us for other cabs.  Again, time to get Ron in his wheelchair.  It was pretty ugly (I was planning I would drag him away from the cab if he did fall, so Arturo could leave), but he made it.  He did drag his feet on the way up the driveway, almost pitching himself forward. 

I shut the garage door and got Ron in the house.  He said he wanted to go to the kitchen and drink.  I said he had enough already, but he went in on his own. 

It was after 11.  I hadn't eaten since 6 PM the night before.  I was getting hungry.  That's one of my problems, I eat when I'm not hungry.  Anyway, I ate both hot dogs and took my morning pills. 

The trash truck came.  I took them some bottled water and my thanks, then took the can up the driveway.  Torbie was on the cat condo in Ron's room (they won't touch a cat condo in my room, though, so I finally moved "mine" up front), and Baby Girl was on the floor.  I think Biscuit was in the catio. 

I had NO cats, out of 3.  Ron was still "in the kitchen".  I am starting to hate that sight. 

I decided I could do absolutely nothing to change Ron, so I decided to take a nap.  I kept expecting to hear a scream as Ron fell out of his wheelchair, but I managed to sleep for a couple of hours.  I did wake up with the headache. 

I will be so glad when my migraine prevention herbs arrive.  I am so sick of these headaches.  I started getting bad headaches around puberty, but they weren't necessarily linked to my cycle.  I just had a lot of them during my fertile years.  Now I hear it is common for them to get worse during premenopause, before getting better when things are finally done.  My timeline fits. 

Yes, I will eventually call my insurer and get a new primary, then get checked out, but I think the spotting and the headaches are absolutely linked.  I will just have to let my body figure out what it's doing. 

Two close female relatives had to get hysterectomies in their late 40's, I am hoping to avoid that.  I don't think I am anywhere near that point, what I have is far more in the "heavy spotting" stage. 

In the meantime, the herbs have helped in the past.  Feverfew - been using that off and on for decades; and Butterbur, I have used that off and on in the past with good results.  I just run out and think the headaches aren't that bad, and they aren't, for a while, and then the next thing I know I'm retching in my bucket saying "I need to get my herbs"   If/when they work I will get them on autoship with Swanson.  Get those rascals mailed and billed to my card.  Better than spending, right now, probably half my days with a bad headache and taking way too much Excedrin. 

I especially hate it on a day off.  It was a nice day today, I could have done a lot.  But instead I am stuck at home. 

I got up and made some punch, Ron was still slumped in his wheelchair.  I went to use the computer and he began calling for me.  I got up.  He wanted to go to bed.  Good idea. 

I pushed him to the bed.  He has a bizarre way of transferring from the wheelchair to the bed, and I thought he would fall, several times.  But he made it OK and is resting.  He can stay there for about 12 hours until we need to leave for work tomorrow. 

Not sure what I will do today but I will be going to bed early.  I found some decaf iced tea powder in the cupboard so I am drinking that.  The Pepto pills helped with the stomach irritation from the headache pills. 

I just hope the rest of the day is quiet. 

No comments: