Wednesday, February 20, 2019

So I made dinner

Next time I will go with my instincts and put some frozen chopped onion in with the ground beef, as I cook it. 

It didn't take long to cook, cleanup was pretty easy (love my iron skillet!).  Even with low energy I could do it.  I ate mine on a bun, with cheese.  Bad idea, it made a horrible mess. 

When Ron woke up I got smart and put it in a bowl and served it to him with a spoon.  He enjoyed it tremendously and said he would want it again.  He agreed the idea of some sauteed onions in the mix sounded good. 

I am going to give it another hour and check the mail.  Ron is desperate for some more talking books.  They come "Free matter for the blind" which means I have to check the mail regularly.  I hate checking the mail when I'm depressed. 

I didn't feel the cheese added to the meal.  That's the first time in 44 years I've said that - it did not contribute.  I will save the rest of the cheese for something else. 

Something else, the sandwiches did not agree with my pills.  I had to gag down a protein shake.  Well, that is unfair to the shake, which is pretty good.  I just didn't want to have to drink it to stave off extreme stomach upset and possible vomiting. 

Other than that, it was a good meal.  Ron was very appreciative and would probably have helped with the dishes. 

So, that's done.  Now we just wait on the mail truck.  While I'm out of the house I will put up the garbage can. 

No comments: