Monday, February 18, 2019

The rest of my Monday wasn't bad

So, my day.  I have been sleeping OK and my mood is running a little depressed, but I can still get things done. 

I got up early, checked on our pickup time, fed Biscuit, went back to bed.  Biscuit joined me a few minutes later.  When I got up for good, Biscuit demanded a second breakfast. 

Greedy little one. 

I got us all ready (well, me and Ron).  Off to work.  Work was pretty uneventful except for the guy making -comments-.  Not sure what that was about.  But I got it all done and we left, came home. 

We had some long rides today and basically rode with two, very limited, clients who really should not have been on the service alone.  It was sad to see one of them moaning and rocking (and she was the more normal of the two); and the other screaming and yelling gibberish in her wheelchair. 

I was glad Ron wasn't that bad, and that he had someone reliable. 

I took a nap with Torbie.  I got up around 2 and got ready to go out.  Ron had made a trip to Chilis.  Our ride was right on time, surprising, considering the driver generally runs very late.  We even had a straight trip this time. 

We had a good meal, long enough to eat and pay, not too long there, ride to go home on time.  But he got an attitude when Ron got out of his wheelchair, said he might have to go back in the wheelchair if the other client wasn't riding alone. 

I would say probably 98% of the clients ride alone.  It is very uncommon for them to ride in pairs, like we do.  He drove around in circles for a while, finally figuring out his second stop. 

A very obese woman came out with her mobility device (cane or walker, I didn't get a good look).  She took about 5 minutes sitting down in the seat.  Now Ron is very bad, he can barely stand, and he can sit down in about 30-45 seconds.  And she was moving and standing a lot better than Ron ever could.  She wanted the driver to pull his seat up, put like 3 huge bags in the back seat next to Ron, fumbled around some more, finally sat down.  Then she said she couldn't fasten the seatbelt. 

The driver had to climb in the backseat and "help", but it took a couple of minutes to figure out she was sitting on the female part of the seatbelt.  He kept telling her to slide over so he could grasp it.  Finally got her loaded (it wasn't easy doing the seatbelt because she was so big).  All this took about 10 minutes.  He had to ask her for her ticket and then she gave it to him. 

If a driver doesn't have enough tickets when he goes to "cash out" they penalize him at least $10 a ticket.  So it is really unfair to do that to a driver.  Once you are settled you should automatically have the ticket in your hand for the driver, but some cheap/entitled people don't do it because they hope the driver will forget and they will "get away with a free ride". 

Ron said something at this point about people who try to get a free ride.  I thought it was appropriate. 

So all this loading took at least 10 minutes.  Remember this. 

Since the guy had driven around in circles trying to find that address, I figured it was safe to give him directions, but he got a tremendous attitude. 

For instance, about 1/2 of a mile away from the turn, we are on a busy road, I told him he will need to turn left at the light.  He gets all huffy with me and goes another quarter mile.  Then he realizes they don't want to let him over, which is why I told him when I did.

We finally get to the house.  Now, it is in our notes to please drop us in the driveway.  He stops in the street and puts the brake on. 

He will spend 10 minutes fumbling around with the other client but he won't give us 10 seconds to get in the driveway?  Nice. 

I just said [XXXX] it and got Ron in the wheelchair, then pushed him up the hill towards our house.  Real nice guy, that driver. 

Ron thanked me for doing it and I said it wasn't a problem.  Ron is working on being more appreciative, lately.  It is nice to know he notices what I do. 

I got him in the house and into bed.  He apologized and said he was sorry, but he was going to sleep with his pants on, meaning they will catch more cat hair.  I didn't tell him the pants already had a few issues that would need washing, anyway. 

I already took my pills at the restaurant, but I did take my gelatin (for joints), and some supplements for immunity because we were around a lot of "sick" people today.  I will check and see if the allergen levels are bad.  Yes, they are.  So maybe it was allergies but a lot of people were hacking up a lung today. 

Now I just need to check the mail, get that over with.  I have tomorrow off - Ron was nice enough to give it to me - so I plan to do a little outing.  It may rain but not badly according to what I read. 

I will take my stun gun though, in case that vicious dog is still behind that fence right along the sidewalk. 

No comments: