Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Dinner

Dinner was pretty funny.

I have about $50 in my account and about $20 cash.  I didn't want anything in the fridge or freezer.

Neckbones.  Lentils.  Chicken and rice, cooked, and in the freezer.  Nah.

Fridge: raw meats and a huge block of cheese half the size of Biscuit.  Nope.

I already ate some fruit, and I needed something that would hold up to my lithium, which I need to take.

I looked online at a meal delivery service.  They only had a couple of choices for me.  One being sushi.  While I might try it sometime I don't want to try it with my lithium.  I know it would make me sick.  A fried chicken place with a $35 minimum, and not even a store I knew at that.

An Indian place.  Not one I had tried.  Overall I like Indian food.  I will be making it tomorrow night once the chicken thaws.  I shopped, winced at the price, and put a few things in my cart.  They really getcha on that delivery fee.

Then I saw it only had a 60% customer satisfaction rating.  If I am paying $30 for dinner, I want to be 100% satisfied.  Not 60 percent.

I went to my local Chinese takeout menu.  Good choices, but a $20 minimum and they want cash.  Remember I only have $20 cash.

That's not going to work.  I went to Dominoes.  I didn't want pizza again but I do love their cheesy bread, AND they had sandwiches.  I got the chicken bacon provolone one.  We will see how I like it, the sandwich is a new one.

I love Dominoes but I was not terribly impressed by their pasta, when I tried it.  Even if I'm not wild about the sandwich I still have the cheesy bread, which I know works with my pills.

I will come back and edit this with a review of the sandwich.

Edit: Ron woke up when the deliveryman rang the doorbell.  He asked if he still had BBQ left (Ron, not the delivery man) and I said no, he got drunk and ate it. 

He was moping around, I gave him some cheesy bread and half my sandwich.  I hadn't ordered him anything because he always tells me not to, and scolds me if I do.  He liked what I gave him. 

He doesn't have a huge appetite so he was happy with a pretty small portion (don't worry, I went back later and asked if he wanted more). 

I ate the sandwich.  It was good for $6.  Was it huge?  No.  Was the bread and sauce good?  Yes.  Did it have what I consider a lot of bacon?  Yes.  A good amount of chicken?  Yes.  Would I get it again?  Not sure. 

The cheesy bread was excellent as always.  They gave me extra sauce.  I am full, it was good, someone else made my dinner, and I could afford it. 

I call that a win.  I have some cheesy bread left for breakfast tomorrow, too. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed. Imagine eating manna every day.

Anonymous said...

The israelites didn't like the manna. Or did you not read that part in your bible. Also spirits do not eat food.

Heather Knits said...

It talks about feasting in heaven so I am not worried. (Wedding supper of the Lamb)

Anonymous said...

Yes I read it. We are Blessed compared with them

Anonymous said...

There is NO food in heaven. No slaughtering of animals so no meat. You wont have a physical body, no brain, no need or desire for earthly needs like food or streets paved with gold. Just more proof heavens decription comes from men not god.

Heather Knits said...

God can produce meat without killing an animal. But I will wait and let you be surprised. I won't even tell you so. :p