Friday, February 1, 2019

Waiting on my deliveries

Headache is a little better.  I decided to try an experiment before I got rid of my old rice pot.  I put some 6-grain rolled cereal into the pot with the appropriate amount of water. 

I took a nap with Torbie.  I got up and took a shower.  Then I hit cook.  It took about 20 minutes, then I let it rest on "warm" for 10 minutes before opening. 

It looks very good, creamy and soft.  It is extraordinarily hot, though, so I am letting it cool before eating.  I'm eating a couple bites.  It is good, hearty.  Could use some dried fruit.  Or maybe a little brown sugar. 

Eating it dropped my blood sugar and made me super hungry.  I ate some cheese.  Hope I don't regret that. 

The headache pain is variable.  Right now it isn't bad and I am grateful for that. 

Still waiting on my deliveries.  I really hope Torbie likes the glucosamine treats.  I bought Ron cherry tomatoes and some mandarins for his produce.  That's pretty much all he would eat out of everything they had. 

I got some organic dates in mine.  I have never tried a date that wasn't one of those "turd" looking pellets.  I haven't had a real one right off the palm tree.  I am curious to see how I like it. 

And I find it encouraging that I can anticipate that. 

My rice pot behaved so well cooking the "porridge" I plan to keep it for now.  Yes, the design is a PITA but it cooks things and is fairly easy to clean. 

Chuck got his clutch fixed.  Now I just need to figure out when I will get my next Walmart delivery.

No comments: