Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday morning

I woke up with a headache but it went away once I was up and about.  I will have to research this. 

My street has various renters vs homeowners.  #2, #8, #10 for sure are renters.  #8 is pretty new.  The old #8 was horrible.  For years, they had an extremely vicious pit bull that pulled her leash on a "walk" past my yard, went up in my yard, and tried to attack me.  I wasn't a fan of them after that.  They finally moved out last year and the landlord had a hellacious job cleaning up, still is cleaning up, from the old tenants. 

The "easy to catch" tenant is never a bargain in the long run, I have seen.  They generally end up needing eviction and leaving major repairs and cleanout when they do go.  I have seen that with #2 as well.  #10 is a revolving door of tenants he "gets" from his church, I believe, but none are responsible or qualified, and end up moving quickly. 

So #8 has a basketball hoop in their back yard.  It is unusual in my experience to see latinos wanting to play basketball, to the point of buying and setting up a hoop on "their" property.  I haven't heard it but last night they were at it, very loud, so loud I could hear them 2 houses away. 

They eventually got tired and went inside.  I fell asleep and slept pretty well.  I had a dream about our stockroom at work but nothing really notable aside from that.  As I said, I woke up with a headache. 

When I met my brother for the first time, as an adult, we had an interesting conversation about medication.  He said he took nothing, not even an aspirin, when he was hurting because "He didn't like pills and what they did to people".  He got a big eyeball of that with our mother, and some of his girlfriends, so he would know. 

At the time I didn't think anyone could live like that.  But he was doing so and seemed very healthy and normal.  Last week: horrible medication overuse headache migraine.  I started thinking maybe my brother is right.  And, sure enough, once I got up, moving around, brushed my teeth, it was gone.  It's still around, low grade and persistent, but at least I know it's fading off. 

I am going to be very careful about taking any headache pills, ever.  Only for emergencies. 

I heard Ron moving around, he "tries" to be quiet but it's hard for him to be silent in the wheelchair.  He wasn't talking but the chair squeaks. 

I told him I was awake and he was happy for about 10 seconds.  Then he got argumentitive/combative mood and just hostile.  I assume he had already had some vodka.  I reminded him I needed money for the electric bill $50, and money for Chuck, $40.  He said he had already given that to me. 

I told him he had not and asked for it again.  He accused me of lying.  Yeah, if I'm going to steal I'm going to nickel and dime him.  I make change for $20's all the time at work.  I could get that pretty quick on my own, if I "wanted".  I didn't tell him that. 

I was at the point I was going to tell him to cancel the trip because I wasn't paying for it out of the $200 I have left after paying my health insurance.  And that has to last me 2 weeks.  He grudgingly relented and gave me the money, complaining about "being poor".  What I saw in his wallet was not "poor".  It was, in fact, more than I had on hand. 

He made a big point of giving me $10 more than I asked.  I guess I should be grateful.  He got ugly again and said he wanted to sleep (like I had woken him up, instead of talking to him already awake and moving around).  He went back to bed and has been quiet. 

I checked my blood sugar, it is down about 20 points, took my migraine prevention herbs, and drank a Diet Mountain Dew.  Then I got on the computer. 

Next up I plan to clean the litter boxes and take them out.  I wasn't able to do that during my migraine.  Then a shower, and maybe TV or cleaning up some old business records in the garage.  They are just profit and loss statements from 15+ years ago, we can toss them and I got Ron's approval to do it. 

Chuck comes at 11:30. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

I do know folks get horrible rebound from trying to get off the headache pills like you did ..they are easy to become dependent on because they work temporarily.. I work with folks all the time trying to taper off . It is a shame we can not come up with some better headache meds with out such horrid side effects.
You have not gone out and had a “you” day in a very long time have you? Everyone needs a day to themselves once a week and you are the caretaker, wife and victim here you need more days off Heather! What about a bible hand out or something like that ? Fill your bucket sweet girl

Heather Knits said...

Well, today is a Walmart run, a couple days of work, and then an exciting (dental) filling on Wednesday. I will work on it, though.