Saturday, February 16, 2019

Almost escaped a headache today

I slept OK but woke up depressed.  Not surprised since I hadn't been able to take my antidepressant much of the week. 

I got ready to go, got Ron ready.  We went to Sam's.  I don't mind the "Getting supplies on paratransit instead of our guy with the truck" BUT there are a lot of extra trips, and a lot of waiting around. 

When we got to work the police force (yes, we have our own police force) had taken the loading area so I had to unload Ron, and our supplies, into a handicapped parking spot.  Then everyone was pissed because Ron "took" it.  He's disabled, a hell of a lot more disabled than anyone sitting behind the wheel glaring at him. 

I ran inside and encountered the police force.  They "had" to inspect my bag.  Every time I walked by.  And then the one guy was making "comments" about the cash I had in my fanny pack.  I reminded him (I told him, like, 3 times) I had to pay $400 of it to my health insurance but he still made a comment about me "memorizing your serial numbers".  What the hell is that?!    I just went on about my business. 

I earn my money.  I don't have to feel guilty about it.  And, because I earned it, it is MINE and while he may be "entitled" to put his hands on it he is not allowed to keep it.  But the other officer was a young, pretty, woman and I think he was trying to impress her. 

I finally got Ron and all of our stuff into the building.  We stocked. 

I had a cart, actually, I have 4 carts.  Three metal carts (one folds) and 2 plastic ones.  And I can't add.  I had 5 carts.  I used to store the plastic ones up on top of the soda.  Anyway, one of the plastic carts lost 2 wheels.  It was a hazard and a couple people almost knocked it over and hurt themselves.  Now, TX is a great state to hurt someone, the guy who ran over Ron and left him in agonizing daily pain, in a wheelchair every day for the rest of his life, did not lose a penny besides the $20K his insurance paid (of which we got to keep $2K).  But I am not sure about business liability and I don't want to lose the house over a stupid thing like that. 

So, after we finished, I dragged it all the way down to maintenance (pretty sure I'm not allowed, where I went), and tossed the cart in the compactor.  I heard a horrific CRACK as I left.  So it's done.  I went back to Ron.  I'm glad I did it.  I can stop worrying about someone bumping it, falling, and hurting someone. 

We had to wait additional time on our ride to go home, about 45 minutes.  That was tedious but at least I found a quiet place, inside, we were allowed to be, to wait our time out.  Then we went home. 

I decided, since I was feeling so well, I would take my antidepressant.  I ate some pizza and took my gelatin (I have been doing that every day for my joints, I can't take glucosamine now but I can do the gelatin) with my pills.  I laid down for a nap. 

And #6 came out after about an hour, all 6 of the kids, shrieking and screaming.  They made a lot of noise but they did not kick anything off the side of the house.  It was just basically a whole lot of noise right on my bedroom wall.  And I was working on a pretty bad headache.  Agh. 

I finally got up around 3.  And they stopped.  LIke they had a camera in my room and were waiting for the sight of me, fully upright.  Frustrating.  At least they left to go somewhere a while ago so it should be a quiet evening. 

I looked around online, pretty quiet.  Headache was pretty bad and I was thinking Aspirin will probably not trigger a rebound headache?  But I think it made it worse.  Biscuit was bothering me, digging his claws in my leg.  I shouted No and chased him off.  Hopefully he will learn not to do that. 

Tomorrow I go run some errands with Chuck.  Ron is asleep right now (he couldn't sleep with those kids going, either) so I will let him, but when he gets up I need money for Chuck and the electric bill. 

I don't plan to do any large things tonight with this headache, but I will clean out some reusable bags so I can use them tomorrow at Walmart.  That's the only thing I don't like about Walmart delivery.  All those plastic bags! 

No comments: