Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday evening

I had a nice shower with some mango soap.  It was a nice change of pace.  When I was sick with the migraine, I had been thinking I would like to get into that bar when I felt better.  I did, today. 

I had some headaches when I woke up, both times (I took a nap, later), but it fizzled once I got up and about.  I had a nice shower. 

Chuck came on time and we went to the bank, Walmart, pharmacy.  I got it all done.  I need to decide if I want to put some money in my account so I can get another grocery delivery, but I don't need one for a while. 

We finished up and came home, I didn't have much perishable but I put it away (some cottage cheese, and some yogurt).  I had plenty of meat already in the freezer, pounds of stew meat all ready to go in the crock pot (it is frozen in bags with herbs, meat, broth, veggies, etc.).  I also have some nice looking chicken thighs I can thaw out and make into a curried chicken.  But wait!  I can't forget the pound of ground brisket for the sloppy joes.  Now, that may not sound like much but remember I am really only feeding 1 and 1/2 people here.  Ron is so sedentary he hardly needs any calories.  And I fast 2/3rds of the time so my calories are down, too. 

I did look at new blood sugar meters when I was at the store.  I will need to buy a new one as they stopped making the strips for my current model.  I think the current fashion is to get a new meter every couple of years, even if the old one is working fine. 

Long story, but they worry about blood borne illness on the meters because, duh, people are bleeding when they use them.  Seems foolish to me but they are all freaked about saying you "have" to sterilize the meter a certain way now.  If it's my blood, and I am the only one using it, I don't see a problem.  Once or twice I have checked Ron's sugars with the meter but considering we are married I am not worried about a miniscule exchange of blood. 

Anyway, they have a bluetooth model.  That one freaks me out.  No thanks.  They have a talking meter.  Great for Ron, not for me.  Then they have 1-2 other meters.  The price of strips is about $20 for 100, a good deal in my opinion, so I will probably go with the non talky, non bluetooth one.  And I can get the strips at Walmart, at least until they bring out the new meter in a couple of years. 

I believe I can get the meter and strips delivered.  Let me look.  Well, the $20 "premier compact" system comes with 50 strips.  Not bad at all. 

Now, I am not diabetic.  My sugars run a little high (lately around 120) in the mornings.  I want to keep an eye on that.  I have seen so many catastrophically disabled, miserable, diabetics.  You can go blind.  You can end up with agonizing nerve pain.  You can have amputations, heart disease, etc.  No thank you. 

So I was glad I looked.  And they had plenty of THIS strip, although with 50, and me testing 1x a day, I would be good for a while. 

The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.  I got a cashier, and I need to explain myself or I am going to look like a bitch. 

She was slow.  I was OK with that.  I could see she had a severe tremor and was older.  She was doing her best.  But I have these huge reusable tote bags that can literally fit Biscuit.  And she was putting 2-3 items in each bag! 

I finally just told her hand me the stuff and I will pack the bags.  I did so to my satisfaction.  I was likely a little abrupt but I have patience issues. 

The McDonalds at the store was closed for remodel.  That was disappointing, I was hungry, but I had bought some Stax chips.  I am addicted to them.  They are like a Pringle, but thicker and more flavor crap on the chip.  Very good.  I have to be strict with my purchases.  I only bought one tube, and I never get them delivered. 

We went home and I put the perishables away.  I gave Ron his chips and took a nap.  I slept pretty good but, as I said, did wake up with a headache.  It faded off after I had been up for a bit. 

I did some housework today, cleaned the litter boxes, ran a load of laundry, took out some trash.  Not much but a lot better than hunched over my bucket, trying not to vomit, like I did most of last week. 

We definitely are working tomorrow, Ron made a trip, and then he wants to buy me dinner.  We haven't been out in a while and he seems happier going out far less.  That's tomorrow.  No idea what will happen Tuesday. 

Wednesday I know for sure I am going to the dentist to get that filling.  Ron will stay home.  It is better for both of us if he does this, and I take a cab.  That way I don't have someone waiting to take me home, when I'm done, I call, and I go.  It is a nicer part of town than our area actually so it shouldn't be too hard. 

Hopefully by then the truck will be fixed and we can stop doing these supply runs.  Those are getting a little old. 

Now, Dad wanted me to call him today (he was busy when I called yesterday) so I will go do that. 

OK, done. 

I have some laundry in the dryer and then I am going to bed.  The good news is, with the migraine, neither of us had a lot of clothes to wash. 

And that was probably TMI and I am sorry. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

Very smart to keep an eye on your blood sugar especially with the meds you are on . I wish more folks had the insight you did it would make my job much easier huge hugs your way!