Saturday, February 23, 2019

A longer post about my Saturday

Ron apparently had too much to drink last night.  He kept waking me up because he got lonely and wanted to talk. 

On the one hand, I'm flattered he still wants my company - after 27 years that's not always a given, but on the other hand I need my sleep!  Apparently I roared at him pretty good and that sobered him up enough to realize he'd better be quiet. 

Other than that, I slept well.  I didn't have any cats in the bed, though. 

I got up and got ready, Ron got ready, the ride arrived.  One thing I hate: when they come early and ring the doorbell like an angry ex, I have to drop getting ready to go answer the door and talk to them, then to back to getting ready.  When I would have gotten ready faster if you hadn't bothered me!

I finally got Ron going toward the door, he was going to go out at the last minute, and I saw the van pull away.  Oh, crap.  We were meeting Jack.  This was going to be a problem.  Ron got on the phone to dispatch, cursing.  Even I said a bad word or two. 

I decided to take Ron out anyway.  When I got him down the driveway the driver came back.  He had just gone around the block to "teach us a lesson" I suppose.  We got to the store and I did our shopping. 

Jack came, we went to work, put the inventory up, and stocked.  We had a good amount of time to do what we had come for.  Hope that made sense. 

Got it all done, came home.  I saw Biscuit in the front window, by the door, as I came up the driveway.  He meowed at me when he saw me looking at him, and continued to meow at me as I talked to him.  Then I got Ron and brought him up the driveway (the big vans do not enter the driveway).  When Biscuit saw that he ran to the kitchen and met us there when I opened the door.  Treats for all! 

Well, it took some motivation (Ron waving treats around and calling) for Torbie to leave her hidey hole in my bedroom closet.  She isn't fearful but she is a cave dweller and prefers to be in an enclosed place.  She finally came out and waddled down the hall to Ron, for treats.  I heard him talking to her as I got ready to lie down for a nap. 

I had a pretty good nap but have had a persistent headache all day.  We are going out for BBQ later, so I decided to take one dose of headache pills so I would be OK for that.  I have taken 2 doses of painkiller this week, one before the dentist, and one this afternoon, for the headache.  I stand by both doses.  I have drastically cut my use of all painkiller in the last couple weeks. 

I have pretty much decided I will go out tomorrow, to the Asian grocery store, and maybe get some spices.  Spices are light and easy to carry on public transit, and I don't have to worry about them kept at proper temperatures or anything.   Just a thought, the weather should be nice and mild tomorrow. 

I may need to get some cash from Ron, as my budget is pretty much toast.  But the spices are very cheap at the store.  It's just a thought. 

I don't need grocery delivery yet, I have a pretty good amount of food already.  Next week I plan to make a curry with tomato sauce, potatoes, chickpeas, and chicken.  I already have the chicken and that's the expensive part. 

I had better start getting ready.  We leave in half an hour. 

No comments: