Monday, February 18, 2019

I'm going to give this it's own blog

Recently at work a guy overheard me talking to an employee about cats.  After she left, he came over, told me how much he "hated" cats, but I could tell a lot of it is bluster.

He comes over and talks to me now and then while I work.  Not a problem.  He is between my age and Ron's (50-60).

Today he came in the stockroom (they are not supposed to do that, I don't go in their areas) while I was shelving inventory.  He made some comments.  About bondage, and shock collars, and let him know if I "need any".

I was pretty shocked but I just kept it casual.  I have Ron for that, I told him, and he said OK and left.

But what?!

On the way home I mentioned it to Ron.  He gaped at me.

When we got home, we had a rather awkward discussion.  "Are you happy with our love life, Heather?"  I told him yes, I was, if I wasn't I would complain.  I guess he was worried I was giving off 'hungry" vibes.

I should add I always wear baggy jeans, workboots, and an oversized men's (more modest) t-shirt to work every day.  I don't wear makeup, and I pull my long hair back in a ponytail.  So it's not what I'm wearing, or showing.

"Are you really happy?"

Yes.

Where is the can of worms?  I need a photo.

Edit, the photos were beyond disgusting, but this little cartoon is cute:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you sleep with a verbally abusive monster? And why didn't you tell that guy at work to 1. Get out of your work area and 2. Not even respond to his soco comnents that were inappropriate? He sounds like he is probably an animal abuser. Just one of gods sicko creations. They are born that way. I wonder why.

Heather Knits said...

Some of the workers are weird and outright inappropriate. They will yell things like "Gimme a case of that soda" - meaning it; demand other "free" things, until I remind them *I* paid for it; one told Ron he was "faking" and "didn't need" the wheelchair, etc.

I am glad the guy at work does not have my home address. Even happier the cats are locked up now and guys like him don't have access (I fear that's what happened to Gravy).

But there are ways of being subtly discouraging when someone talks to me, without being rude or unprofessional.

About sex with Ron, I made a commitment I am only having sex with him. If he is being ugly he is not in the mood anyway.

Anonymous said...

He was the one being rude and unprofessional. Its called sexual harassment and I am sure the post office has rules about that for their employees. Women have been trained to be nice to men like this. Part if the reason many are sexually harassed and just try to ignore it and at least tell the perv its not acceptable behavior and if it happens again report it. Poor gravey. I hope he didn't suffer. That makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

Im kind of lmao that Ron “gaped” at what this man said, after just days ago, Ron considering asking a woman at work some inappropriate sex questions. W. T. F.

Heather Knits said...

Bondage, spanking, shock collars - directed at me. Even Ron was shocked.

Clearly the "culture" at work needs work. They have posters up about harassment but I figured I could handle this on my own. And I did.

Some of the women at work put themselves out in a very provocative way that I can safely say is a huge violation of the dress code. I could see asking one of them but me? I'm like a potato in comparison! LOL

Anonymous said...

Have to say your constant sarcastic jabs at God are tiring to read.

Heather Knits said...

Gravy didn't suffer. We made SURE of that. I was really surprised how well Biscuit handled the loss.

Anonymous said...

"Have to say your constant sarcastic jabs at God are tiring to read. " boo hoo hoo.