Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Up all night (Ron, that is)

I was pretty pissed this morning when I got up and found out Ron had cancelled all the trips without telling me.  I didn't care that he cancelled the trips, I minded that he didn't tell me and I had to get up early to find out. 

Once I'm up, it's hard to go back to sleep, and I couldn't. 

I recalled I had heard him vomiting last night, and making noise, so I wasn't sure what was going on. 

I ate a bowl of cereal and brewed up some Irish Breakfast tea.  Boy, that's a strong tea!  It's really important to brew it properly.  There are a million pages on how to brew the "right" cup of tea so I won't bother. 

Ron showed up about that time, said he was vomiting all night, and his back hurt more than usual.  He called the pain doctor again.  We still haven't heard anything. 

He told me he didn't want to bother me by telling me he cancelled the trips.  I told him it is better to wake me up, so I can turn off my alarm, then to wake up early and find out I didn't need to do so. 

He said his psoriasis was acting up.  I told - reminded him - milk thistle has always worked for his psoriasis and I got him the bottle, told him 2 capsules in the morning.  It is very good for the liver and has proven improvement in badly damaged livers.  Good stuff, it will either help, or it won't.  That's the nice thing. 

Since I am on so many medications now I am a lot less daring in what I take.  I take my prescriptions and some vitamin supplements, and that's it.  I did buy some licorice root at the Chinese grocery store because that is good for the immune system.  Oh, and some ginseng.  Who doesn't need some energy?  My hope was to give it to Ron, to help him get his energy back. 

So it's another day at home, unless I go out on the bus.  Which I very well may do. 

First, though, I need to take a shower. 

No comments: