Thursday, August 9, 2018

Occupying time

I had a horrible headache all night.  I feel groggy and tender.  It's still around, too, the Excedrin just shooed it off a bit. 

Ron is working on the accounting report.  For those who doubt his "capacity" - he files this accounting report every month, and then sales tax 4 x a year. 

I had no appetite for dinner but I used my electric kettle to make some cream of wheat for dinner.  It was nice and bland, but tasted a little old.  I probably need to buy some new.  I also ate half a cup of apple sauce. 

I decided to save the other half for the possum, and put it in the trap, after I moved it to the bedroom.  I found a spot where it was near Possum's travel routes, but not impeding me or the cats.  I put the applesauce just inside the door of the trap. 

I went to bed.  In the middle of the night, I heard the trap shut.  I didn't hear any squeaking or uproar.  Later on, I heard Possum moving around so I knew he wasn't trapped. 

I got up and fed Biscuit, who was giving me massages and biting my fingers, because he knew I was awake.  He knows if he motivates me, I will get up and feed him, which I did. 

When I came back I lifted the cover off the trap.  Empty.  BUT the applesauce cup had been dragged off and licked clean.  That thing was spotless, not a speck of applesauce to be found.  So Possum likes applesauce.  And will go in the trap for it.  Good to know.  I reset the trap. 

He also ate some leftover cat food so again, he isn't starving. 

I took some Excedrin and laid down for a while.  It took about 15 minutes for the caffeine to kick in.  Then about an hour total before I really felt pain relief. 

Now I am just occupying time until Ron needs me for the report.  It has to be filed today, headache or not. 

No comments: