Saturday, August 11, 2018

70% chance of rain

I went to bed, a little late for me, but was stricken with digestive trouble and spent about an hour running to the bathroom. 

BTW, the toilet is being a good boy on the flush, lately.  Horrible cramps and other symptoms. 

Finally passed, went to sleep.  Wide awake in the middle of the night after a couple of hours sleep.  Up for quite a while, finally back to sleep. 

Needless to say, not at my best when I did wake up.  I staggered into the shower and took care of business. 

I thought I would sleep better once the possum was gone. 

Got dressed, thank God Ron didn't need much help this morning.  We went to the warehouse. 

I thought it was rude, the driver went in and basically stole a "free" cup of coffee and a big handful of brownies.  He dropped us off, and they were giving it away to business members, he felt entitled to take it.  Very rude. 

I am sensitive about people wanting "free" things because I encounter it a lot at work.  Someone in middle management actually DEMANDED a "free" soda a few years back.  I told her no.  She was shocked.  I told her "If I gave a 'free' soda to everyone who asked I'd be bankrupt".  She muttered a curse under her breath as she stomped off. 

Ron has a policy, don't give away the store, especially on request.  If I have a half-filled bag of chips I can give it away, and, if he's in the mood, he can give away a drink if they ask to buy one while he's stocking.  It is his business, after all.  But we don't do freebies because it would be never ending. 

I went in.  Ron only had $5 bills, so I stuck the roll (it was pretty impressive) in my pocket and went shopping.  I forgot the donuts, but remembered everything else. 

The cashier, who knows me well (I see her every week) was very understanding about the $5 bills.  I felt bad about it and she could see that. 

Jack came on time, but it was a new helper so things weren't done quite the way he would have liked.  We went to work. 

The sky was bright and sunny, supposed to rain, they said, 70% odds, but nothing.  We got the truck unloaded and into the building. 

Ron didn't need help today so I did candy bars.  Lots of candy bars.  Ron helped squash the boxes and put them in the recycle.  I hate that job. 

We left, still bright and sunny, but some clouds looming.  We went to the Kolache Factory, because Ron wanted to give me a treat. 

I asked God for some Cream Cheese, and, sure enough, when I got there, they had plenty.  I was so happy. 

It is tax-free weekend in Houston.  Basically all school supplies, clothes, and shoes up to a certain limit are all exempt from our 8.25% sales tax.  People go crazy, shopping.  It is often worse than Black Friday. 

I stay away from the mega-stores if at all possible. 

It was getting cloudy at the Kolache Factory.  I had worn my cheap shoes due to the weather forecast and my feet were killing me.  I ate a couple of Kolaches and Ron had a Taco kolache.  He liked it.  Ron tends to be a very picky eater but he liked the taco. 

The store closed at 2.  Our pickup was supposed to be 1:20.  The sky kept getting darker.  Ron kept calling, and getting excuses. 

Later on the driver told us he had gotten lost, looking for a customer.  And traffic was bad. 

At any rate he did not beat the rain.  At 1:59 (and the guy at the store was so nice about not running us off, he said we could stay as late as we needed), it was pouring buckets of rain, couldn't have been harder, he finally pulls up.  Ron and I get soaked getting into the vehicle. 

And the driver had the air conditioner on full blast.  We were freezing and asked the driver to turn it off.  He did. 

Then we got stuck in traffic trying to get to the other client's drop off location.  She asked to be let off at the gate, but she had a "special handling" note on her file.  I could see the computer from the back seat. 

If they are an "AR" (assistance required, generally refers to "slow" client), or "TD" ([watch] through door, means they are limited but not AR), they cannot just dump them off at the gate, they have to watch them go into the building.  So Ron had to endure many speedbumps in the parking lot to get to her apartment, and yet more, after we dropped her, to get out. 

I'll remind you he has a bad back, and was sitting in his wheelchair.  It was very unpleasant for him but he was very nice about it. 

The rain finally let up some by the time we got home.  I got Ron out and pushed him into the house. 

I was pretty exhausted.  I took a nap.  I woke up with Biscuit, molded to the backs of my legs as I lay on my side.  Very cute.  I got up and fed him (it was dinner time) a can of primavera. 

I got online for a little bit and then called my parents.  Since I was a little manic, I was more talkative than usual. 

But Ron says I am not talking fast (pressured speech), or much, I am just a little more chatty when I do talk.  Very mild if at all noticable.  Which is really the goal of medication. 

I watched a little TV and ate my dinner, some leftover Kolaches and some Cabot extra sharp cheddar cheese.  Love that stuff.  Took my pills, drank some diet decaf tea. 

After today's nightmare, Ron and I agreed we don't want to go anywhere tomorrow, and, considering the fact it's raining again, that's probably a good idea. 

Torbie is lying by my feet as I type, and Baby Girl is on her box by the front window.  I don't know where Biscuit went. 

I'm going to bed early tonight.  God willing, I will sleep a lot better than I did last night. 

No comments: