Monday, August 27, 2018

Work, and a migraine

Oddly enough, This'l (a black gospel rapper) playlist on Youtube is helping my migraine. 

I think I puked everything up so it should be safe to type for a bit. 

Ron was OK yesterday, he told me today he took his pain pills.  Today the doctor said (after yet another conversation about this - he has called them at least a dozen times) they put in a prescription for a couple of weeks worth of medication. 

He didn't sleep well but he was up late reading a book and "watching" TV.  I slept horribly.  I thought to myself, Ron is being nice and quiet and I can't fall asleep to save my life.  I blamed the Excedrin I had taken around 3 PM. 

I did have Torbie in the bed, and, at times, Biscuit.  Biscuit loves his catio, though, so he likes to spend nights out there lurking. 

I woke up and reset my alarm.  I took a shower.  I had given Ron his bath last night and gotten him fixed up as well as I could. 

I just focused on getting me ready, Ron did a good job getting himself ready.  We left. 

We had to pick up another client, but she was nice and you could tell she was a "real" client, not one of those hangnail people - get a hangnail and decide they qualify.  This lady had a stroke and her left arm was a pretzel, across her chest. 

We went to work.  I helped Ron a lot because I had done all my work on Saturday.  He was very appreciative and told me repeatedly. 

The other vendor's guy talked me into eating a pastry, which was a big mistake.  We finished up and came home.  We will be back most likely Wednesday. 

We hardly got outside before the ride pulled up.  She was very nice, didn't want any candy (bad teeth).  We had a straight ride home. 

I fixed Ron some Green Chili Stew (he still loves it) and he chewed it very carefully this time, sitting up while he ate.  I took a nap and woke up with what could only be termed a crushing migraine.  I took some Excedrin and drank some diet fruit punch.  It didn't work. 

Pretty soon, I am salivating and I know what that means, I hustled over to my bucket.  That's the nice thing about a small house, everything is close by.  I sat down on the edge of the bed and let it fly, into the bucket.  My stomach can hold a lot of fluid. 

In the meantime, Ron was using the bathroom.  When he finished and flushed I went in, dumped and rinsed my bucket. 

Ron's doctor has allegedly called in a prescription for some more medication for him.  I'll believe it when I see it, there has been so much confusion with the doctor's office and the pharmacy. 

In the meantime he is currently drinking right now, stabbing pains in his foot.  He "slept so well" when we got home but it woke him up again. 

I feel pretty awful but I'll live.  I think some of the Excedrin got through before I got sick. 

Biscuit was a good little buddy, sleeping with me during my nap.  Torbie slept with me, too.  They're good cats.  When I went to sit in my chair, Baby Girl came out.  Not sure why she likes the chair so much now but I don't mind.  I just hope I don't rock over her tail one day. 

I'll be glad when we feel better.  Thank God Ron isn't the frontman in a heavy metal band, with a practice due today. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange he wants to continue with the medication/pain pills when he said yesterday they weren't working. As others have said it sounds like he is lying so he can still use the pain as an excuse to drink also. So it looks like now he will continue to drink and take pain pills. Not good. You need to give him an ultimatum. Either he takes the pain pills only or he drinks. Not both. Adding: it's crazy the doctor is not giving a 30 day prescription.

Anonymous said...

“ he told me today he took his pain pills.”
“In the meantime he is currently drinking right now”

Really??

Anonymous said...

He's taking pain medication and drinking? I'm hoping I did misunderstand. Feel better, migraines are no fun. I'm willing to bet that one of several causes is the stress that you are under. -star_tigress (sorry I'm posting on my mobile, excuse my lack of formatting.)