Friday, August 3, 2018

Pinup

What is it with people putting up naked photos of baby girls on the internet?  It's not cute. 

I woke up with a bad headache today.  I managed to eat, take my pills, shower, and shave my legs.  That's about it. 

Ron pitifully asked me to take him to the kitchen.  I said no.  He had to go by himself.  That's how crappy I felt. 

I spent most of the day curled up in a ball, in bed.  I just feel terrible.  Some people would tell me it's related to my cycle, due in a couple of days.  I don't know.  It just sucks. 

So, I have been online when I've been feeling better.  One thing I saw was yet another bathtub photo of Baby Girl. 

I am Facebook friends with her grandmother.  Grandma is a nice Christian lady.  But she, like some of my other Facebook friends, puts up topless photos of the baby girl all the time. 

You wouldn't put topless photos of your teenager.  It's just going to be embarrassing to the girl, and will open her up to child molesters.  Having "private" settings does not mean your picture will stay private, especially if you have 500 "friends". 

The topless ones were bad enough.  Now, generally speaking, I seldom see a naked photo of a male baby, not even a topless one.  So the male baby gets more privacy (generally). 

Then we get to the bathtub photos.  I am changing some details.  Totally naked, in the bathtub, with just some bubbles.  Again and again. 

It's not my business but I know there are child molesters out there, getting excited.  To my way if thinking, you do everything you can to protect your child, or the child in your care, from child molesters, or even just future embarrassment.  There is no reason a caregiver needs to put naked photos of a baby on the internet, even if the reproductive bits are "covered". 

Someone did that to my kid I would kick their ass. 

And that's the thing: she just got a male grandson.  Total change of venue in the photos.  Always fully dressed, not even in a diaper, fully dressed constantly.  No bathtub photos.  No topless photos.  Finally treating the baby with respect. 

I guess the other baby just gets to be a "pinup". 

It's not just her.  I know another grandma.  Oh, Silly doesn't like clothes so we let her run around in some underwear, topless, take photos of it, and put it online.  It just startles me every time.  She's not thinking about safety. 

I did not have a great childhood but my parents never did that.  The worst thing my Dad ever did was take a photo of me in the bathtub, from the waist up, fully covered in soap. 

Dad was a single parent for some years, and would bathe me every night.  We would play a game.  He would give me the bar of soap and I would lather it up.  Then I would spread it on, at his direction, until I was totally covered in soap (except for my hair).  Then I would growl at Dad, and menace him, and he would pretend to cower in terror for a few minutes.  I thought it was great.  So he got a photo of me from the waist up, covered in soap. 

As I got older I found the photo mortifying, especially when Dad would show my baby photos to visitors.  He always threatened to show them to "my boyfriend" but I guess I got Dad, didn't I?  Ron's blind. 

I would have rather he not taken the photo.  When I got old enough, I didn't like it anymore, even though I was "cute" in the photo. 

I have to assume other kids are going to feel the same way.  And it's only the girls.  I have never seen a photo of a naked baby boy in a bathtub (with bubbles).  Never even a topless photo.  Just half naked little girls. 

If you're doing this, please reconsider.  I remember one time, about 20 years ago, on a message board.  A woman was always talking about making her daughter a model, because she was pretty.  Everyone told her it was a really bad idea, "meat market" that would chew her up.  Don't do it. 

So one day she puts up about 50 photos of her daughter, totally naked, playing with a hose.  The girl was about 2-3.  I mean, totally naked photos.  On a Christian message board. 

People were begging her to take them down, and she said no, she wouldn't, because her kid was so good looking and we were just haters.  A pedophile actually got online and said "I am currently battling my addiction and you made me slip.  I assure you these photos are all over the world now.  You need to take them down before you do more damage to your daughter".  A moderator finally got involved and took the photos down, but too late. 

I understand you think your kid is beautiful and you want the world to see them, but not naked.  Not topless.  Not in a bathtub with a few bubbles. 

Fully clothed, and smiling at the camera. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember we were created naked but wasn't until our sin that tried to hide our bodies. But I get the point of your rant. Lol

Anonymous said...

You have to wonder what god got out of having people run around naked. Was he a peeping god? Not to mention biologically before shaving, waxing and the like we were a pretty hairy people. Not exactly what I would call pleasing to look at (from modern standards). Plus then you have bowel and bladder movements (no soap so no hand washing or bathing) and bad breath and body odor. Really the whole garden of eden thing doesn't really make sense when you actually take a moment and think about human beings and how we look and smell in our natural form.

Heather Knits said...

Well, after Adam and Eve figured out their nudity, God made them clothing. So, as I see it, God wants us covered.

Oh, I wish I didn't have to shave. That would be so awesome.