Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Bread Bites

 I took my shower and shaved my legs.  It's always a benefit to get my legs on my day off, I don't have to worry about rushing for work.  I have cut myself a few times in the past, one that left a scar, and I don't want it to happen again.  What a mess, blood and soap all over the place. 

Didn't happen. 

I watched a little TV and lay down for a nap, but I was a little manic and I had had some caffeine.  I couldn't really sleep, when I did I dreamed of the possum, and when I woke up I had yet another headache. 

I didn't take my antidepressant today, so it's got to be something else.  I am about 90% convinced I will have to go low carb again. 

My headaches have been better when I did low carb/keto.  I can't think of anything else to do, to be honest.  I don't want to take ADDITIONAL large handfuls of pills every day and see yet another doctor. 

I will at least try this, see if it works, and if it does, well and good.  I will even lose some weight.  If it doesn't work I will look into finding a neurologist.  Daily headaches are not normal. 

In the meantime, I got up and took some generic Excedrin, watched some Criminal Minds.  I can't watch much of it, and not right before I sleep, because it is very dark and depressing.  Yes, there are a lot of "happy endings" but I don't want to watch someone tortured for 50 minutes before that. 

I decided to order some pizza.  I had a free one due me from the company.  Buy so many, get one free.  I ordered and got the money.  It took them a little while but they came, and it was the same delivery lady as last time.  She is very nice, we chatted a little bit. 

Then I opened the door to come back in and Baby Girl tried to get out.  I had to push her back, forcefully, with my foot.  I felt really bad about it but I couldn't let her get out. 

Ron was eating leftovers out of the fridge, after drinking vodka.  He never eats before vodka. 

I gave him some of my pizza and bread bites.  I have a feeling it's going to be a long time before I eat my next bread bite. 

After I ate some of the pizza, and took my pills, I saved some of the pizza for Ron and put the rest in "my" part of the fridge.  He had an idea a while back to store pizza in zip lock bags, which, I have to admit, works much better than the box. 

Then I threw out the box.  I took out the garbage can to the curb.  I did a fair amount of cleaning this week, being manic.  I like to point the mania at something productive.  One time at work I cleaned out the stockroom, which, as it turns out, was a very good thing, because we got evicted just a few weeks later. 

But this time I did several loads of laundry, changed the bedding, cleaned the litter box multiple times, should have cleaned out the fridge, but didn't.  You get the idea. 

A good use of the mania, a lot better than buying tons of useless crap on the internet.  Or starting a new hobby. 

I would love to get back into soap making (cold process, not melt and pour), but I don't have the room.  Biscuit is an idiot.  He would get into it somehow and knock it over.  Ron drinks, it doesn't seem wise to have that in the mix with lye about.  So I won't. 

I will just keep using store bought soap.  I always find it funny when I see these ads for "moisturizing age serum" because my skin is still oily.  I use acne soap, actually, every time I bathe.  My Dad still has oily skin in his 70's so I imagine I will, too.  The sides of my hands get a little dry sometimes from hand washing, but not enough for me to feel like I need to be one of those women who carries around a tube of hand cream, constantly applying it.  I remember one time a client got on board paratransit, grabbed my arm, and started yelling "lotion!".  I told her I didn't have any and she just looked at me.  The driver had to move her so she would stop bothering me.  I guess I look like the kind of woman who has lotion. 

Nope. 

I got Ron to round up his dirty clothes, he had several tops, all of them in horrible shape.  I decided to run them through on the soak cycle with enzyme cleaner, before I ran a regular wash cycle.  I still need to dry my sheets, I want to wait a little while. 

The dryer and the a/c are on the same circuit, and while they have gotten along in the past, I don't think it's prudent to run a heat producer at the same time you're trying to cool the house.  Especially if they are on the same circuit. 

The A/C seems to be working today.  Thank you God. 

I've already got my clothes laid out for tomorrow.  I like to keep things simple.  My legs are already shaved so I can just take a basic shower tomorrow morning. 

I might make some more tea, but other than that I'm good. 

No comments: