Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Apparently, I am going to hell if I take Ron to the acupuncture clinic

So, I couldn't fall asleep.  I got up and cleaned out the fridge, then took out the garbage.

I checked my Facebook.  I had put up a question this morning about acupuncture for Ron.  I have to think it might help.

I have a friend from an old message board.  She is significantly older than me, or even Ron.  Rather than reply to my post directly, which I feel would have been more honest and straightforward, she did a whole post "on her own" about how acupuncture = witchcraft, shamanism, etc.

It's sticking needles in a person, trying to get their energy lined up.  I don't see that as demonic.  It is, surely, "different" thinking - not Western.  But it works for so many it has been around for thousands of years.

I didn't appreciate her cheap shot, sneaking around like that.  If I have an objection to you I will say it to you directly.  I won't pretend to have an "independent" "revelation" from God about what is best for your life.

I'm too tired to work up a good "mad" but I am disgusted.  I wish people would be straightforward.

That's something I value in myself - I am honest with people.

Edit: I didn't confront her directly because she clearly didn't want "confrontation".  Just wanted to throw up her post and run, which is fine. 

I can always block her if she gets annoying. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what in the ever-loving world? You're trying to do something to make your partner feel better, what would be wrong with that? People need to chill!

Anonymous said...

I also can’t stand that - passive aggressive! What a wimp. I stay off Facebook.