Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Beef stew recipe

I made a beef stew.  Here's the recipe if you're interested.

I used 1.5 pounds beef stew meat, but 1 pound would work fine.
Approximately 2 cups frozen "stew vegetables" (celery removed), about 2-3 inches deep in the bottom of the crock pot.
1-1.5 pounds (2 pounds won't fit in a 2 quart crock pot) beef stew meat
1/4 t salt
1/2 t FRESH black pepper
1/2 t garlic powder (since I couldn't get fresh at the grocery store) - I clove or so would work if you have fresh.
1 cup beef bone broth.

Layer veggies first, meat, and then spices.  Pour broth over meat and wash the spices into solution.  Cook 8 hours.

Oh, I forgot the Worchestershire sauce.  I will go add a teaspoon of that now.

Edit, I had to hold the teaspoon in my left hand (! the one that shakes!) while I poured the sauce with my right.  I shook about half of the sauce (I have had 2 doses of Excedrin today) into the sink.  I had to carry it over (with the right hand) to the crock-pot and then top it off, then dispense.  The joys of lithium.  Shaking hands. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good ! Nice to see you cooking