Thursday, August 23, 2018

I told you so

Ron took his pain reliever and felt relief.  So I stayed up an hour after I went to bed, worrying about him getting a good supply, staying on program, etc.  Finally fell asleep. 

I woke up pretty tired but Biscuit wanted breakfast.  I fed him and weighed myself.  I am still down 10 pounds from February, when I had that horrible 4 day migraine due to chocolate.  Haven't eaten chocolate, since. 

But it was nice to see I maintained the weight loss, without trying. 

I ate what was left of the pudding, using it up, and took my antidepressant.  I could tell depression was lurking so I'm really glad I have that on board again. 

I took my shower and did my God time, ran a load of laundry.  I will run the dryer later, after the sun goes down. 

Ron called me to his room.  He had been calm and level all morning.  We talked about the pain reliever.  I reminded him I had told him "they" had good pain pills that would help him.  I asked if what he had was working well for him.  He said yes.  Then I said, I will only say this once, but I told you so.  We both laughed. 

He said he was glad to be off vodka, he hated gagging it down.  Hopefully he will maintain that view. 

Then he asked for some food.  I can't recall the last time he asked me to fix him a meal.  He was getting all his calories from vodka.  I told him we had some green chili stew from the other night (scroll down if you want the recipe), and he asked for it. 

I heated it up, I gave him a good mix of meat and broth.  He loved it, said it was a "20" on a 1-10 scale, got so excited eating he choked on his food, and devoured every drop.  I was happy to see him eating real food for a change. 

I took a nap, and woke up with a headache.  That, I believe, is because I have had both carbs, and aspartame, today.  I know it isn't the antidepressant because I went off it (with permission) last week, and still had the headaches.  Nice not to blame the poor pills.  All they have ever done is help keep me level. 

I found Biscuit in my bed and petted him for a while.  Ron wanted to talk about (trips) "tomorrow" so I went in and talked to him about that for a while.  We have to make the reservation by 5 PM or "no trips today". 

I'm still waiting to beat back my headache, when I do I will eat some green chili stew and put some in the freezer, some for Ron in the fridge (he has his shelf, I have mine, if I put the bowl on his shelf all ready to go he'll be fine).   We are eating breakfast (low carb, for me) out tomorrow so I don't have to worry about breakfast. 

And there's always catching up on the housework, litter boxes, etc.  We work Saturday, get our inventory and stock. 

I was discouraged when I looked at a calendar and saw I have to work on my birthday, we can't get it off.  I will be cheerful about it.  No one likes a whiner. 

So that's how it's been going, today. 

I will confide I half expected Ron to have DT's but he seems OK so far. 

No comments: