Monday, August 6, 2018

Gut shot

I had tuna for dinner.  The cats didn't bother me. 

I went to bed, slept pretty well.  I had a dream I was trying to get to a Toby Mac concert.  I heard some noise in the middle of the night, thought the possum was awfully loud, and then realized it was Ron.  About the time I figured that out he shut up. 

I went back to sleep. 

I woke up, hit the snooze alarm, much to Biscuit's distress.  He wants his breakfast the second I wake up.  He won't wake me up, but if the alarm goes off or I indicate I'm awake, he's in my face begging.  I brushed my teeth with the whitening toothpaste.  I wanted to look good for the doctor today. 

I fed the cats and took my shower, got dressed, got Ron going. 

We went to work.  Things were pretty slow.  Ron needed me to take him to the bathroom so I did.  I checked the stall.  Glad I did.  It needed some cleanup.  Ron was peeved I didn't know he goes in backward.  Well, normally I don't go that far. 

I went back to work.  I had finished my work so I went ahead and did some of his.  He came back and I "let" him finish it.  I had done everything but the lowest row on the bottled vendor.  Imagine bending far over and putting things on a shelf.  It was uncomfortable with my weight and my fanny pack.  I was happy to have Ron take over.  Sitting in the wheelchair, he naturally approaches it from a lower angle. 

We did it all and left them looking good.  We left. 

Ron got a snack on the way out.  He likes cheddar and sour cream chips.  Funny story about that. 

Ron's first blind man stand was in another state.  The previous vendor was so filthy, and nasty, they had a rat infestation.  It used to drive Ron nuts: the rats would climb his chip rack to eat the cheddar and sour cream chips.  He would find the chewed open bags and chips all over the floor.  He got an exterminator who quickly dealt with the issue and that was that.  Ron went on to innovate that location and come up with some great concepts that were passed on to the next vendor. 

I don't remind Ron of the rats, when he eats the chips, but sometimes, like now, I remember.  Ew! 

I'll take my possum, he only eats soap, chocolate, and foam taxicabs. 

I left Ron in the shade, under a tree, and sat out on the bench, exposed.  I always figure I can use the Vitamin D.  Our ride came pretty quick.  She drove pretty aggressively but I felt safe.  She was just driving like she wanted a snack, or had to go to the bathroom. 

We got home and unloaded..  None of the cats met us at the door.  They were all fine, just lazy. 

I whacked a chunk off my 2 pound block of cheddar cheese and ate that for a snack.  I'm still pretty full. 

Ron went for the vodka.  The pain doctor called him at work and rescheduled.  He has to wait 2 weeks.  I am pretty irritated.  He's in pain, people.  If you can't help him refer him to someone who can.  It would drive me to the vodka if I were the pain patient. 

I took a nap, so did Ron.  I woke up with another headache.  Getting sick of the headaches, but at least I got my antidepressant on board today.  I know the depression is coming, I don't want a gut shot. 

I sent my parents a brief wish list of some teas, for my birthday.  They can pick one or two.  One thing is only $5, the most expensive is about $10.  I will be happy with whatever I get. 

Ron just woke up, complaining his butt hurts.  It is hard to watch him in pain, even when he is being a jerk.  When he isn't it's even worse.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone. 

And then I lean towards rage at the man who hit him.  I remind myself he had a bad back before the accident, and I talk myself down.  But it is hard to watch. 

I am glad that man (the driver who ran him over) hasn't been bothering us, lately, asking Ron if he's OK.  Because I would probably go off on him and tell him the truth. 

He can't handle the truth. 

No comments: