Sunday, August 5, 2018

"Get it off!"

The trap guy didn't come, perhaps because Ron called and left a message. 

Basically said he would bail the man out of jail.  Why?  Because he, as a black man, might get arrested for taking something off our porch in the middle of the night. 

I wish I could say I can't believe Ron would say that...remember Ron himself is black. 

The guy didn't come, said he couldn't make it.  Maybe that's the truth. 

So I brought in the trap this morning and baited it with a nice apple.  Possums like fruit, I hear. 

I saw it, last night.  It was walking in the bedroom when I was walking out to go to the bathroom.  I put my feet up on the bed and it went under the bed, then I left.  I didn't have my glasses on but it had a white face. 

None of my cats has a solid white face, like I saw.  I wasn't scared. 

I slept pretty well, woke up with a headache.  Sick of that.  

Eventually I took a shower, Excedrin, some computer time.  I made my Joy Luck Oolong tea.  It was good.  I also drank some Dandelion root tea to help with water retention.  Dandelion root is very good for bloating, it is a natural diuretic and very safe. 

The Oolong tea was really good.  I am glad I have a big tin of it.  It is very reasonably priced at the import store.  Maybe $4 for 7 ounces.  And I am drinking a reuse of the leaves.  I used them once, saved them, and reused them.  Still just as good.  So this will last me a while. 

You need to use 2 t for 6 ounces water, so it was 8 t for my big mug.  Nice and toasty, woody notes, mild and good. 

Glad I got it.  Really glad ALL the import stores (particularly the easy-to-get-to one on the bus line) stock it. 

I took a nap, woke up with a worse headache.  Really sick of the headaches. 

I haven't eaten much today due to the headaches.  I had some yogurt, and some potato sticks.  I am thinking about tuna for dinner. 

Ron was in a lot of pain today.  Baby Girl ran in from the catio meowing very loudly.  If you know cats, cats that go outside, you know they have a special, bassy, meow when they have prey.  I went back to see what she had.  An amazing amount of critters get into the catio. 

It was a lizard, not a very big one at that.  I managed to catch it before the cats (Torbie showed up to play) woke Ron up.  I was worried it would run on him, wake him up, and make him freak out. 

"Get it off!" 

So I got it.  I took some more Excedrin and brewed up another pot of Oolong tea.  I realized it was getting pretty late so I checked the trip computer. 

Paratransit has a website, I can enter Ron's "client number" and password and get his trips for the day, or tomorrow.  He only had a ride to work and then home. 

I woke him up and told him he needed to make a ride to the doctor's office.  He was a little grumpy at first but he did it.  I heard him moaning later and offered to help.  He needed to get to the bathroom, quick. 

Ron only has one speed on the bathroom: quick.  I think it's due to the glucosamine he takes.  I got him there in time and he was pretty grateful. 

Now I need to scrounge up some dinner (tuna, I'm thinking) and take my pills. 

Tomorrow is going to be a long one. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK so when you saw it go under your bed that would have been the time to get the cats out of your bedroom. Close the door. Get the trap. Put bait in it and then put the trap in your bedroom with the door closed and wait. YET you did nothing. Just let it go back under your bed. It is cruel for you to be doing this to the possum he is effectively starving to death and that is just not right.

Heather Knits said...

Based on the poop in the litter box, he is eating well. He is not starving. It was the middle of the night. I was TIRED. I didn't want to play possum hunter. And what I saw wasn't thin.