Monday, August 27, 2018

In search of "Juan"

Just had some guy ringing my doorbell like a bill collector.  I threw on a bathrobe and opened the door, came out.  I look like crap.  I shut the door behind me so the cats wouldn't get out. 

Asked me about "Juan" living here.  I said no, we have owned the house for a long time, no Juans.  Oh, well, he lived in #2.  I told him, very slowly, THERE is #2.  THIS is #4. 

Why the f are you bothering ME, then?  "Juan" is probably one of his aliases - I know the guy who sold us the house had 3 or 4.  A lot of Mexicans engage in multiple identities to stay ahead of the authorities, and, clearly, whoever this guy was banging on my door. 

He was probably referring to the hoarder, with the Barkappotamous.  They left over a year ago. 

I said I didn't know if he lived next door, "They had a lot of renters".  I then pointedly told him I had a migraine and went back inside.  Why didn't he contact the homeowner?  It is very easy to get her information online.  Why come and bother me? 

I don't know.  Does he think I knew the guy, first name and last, and had a forwarding address.  That we were such good friends?

I know the full names of the people who live in #6, because I looked them up online to see if they were renters or owners.  Sadly, they are owners. 

I don't know the names of anyone else on our block and I am fine living that way.  I don't bother you, you don't bother me. 

Does "Juan" live here.  Phffft. 

No comments: