Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A lot about my breakfast

I had trouble sleeping last night.

Amusingly enough, years ago I mentioned trouble sleeping to one of Doc's interns.  I also shared a little of what I go through at home.  When I got to the pharmacy, the intern had prescribed BOTH sleeping pills, and antianxiety pills, for me.  I told the tech to get that crap away from me, it was ADDICTIVE and I was at high risk.   She nodded approvingly.

So "missed" my chance.  Doc respects my lifestyle and would never prescribe that stuff unless I was in big trouble.  Let me correct that: Big Trouble.

So, one of the times I woke up to use the bathroom, I also use the sink to get a glass of water, I get incredibly dried out at night.  Ron heard me and told me he was having a very bad night (he was quiet, though), and he was cancelling work for today.  I told him OK, went back to bed, and turned off my alarm.  I slept until 8:30.

I weighed myself, down another half pound.  That's a pretty good chunk of butter.  I also checked my blood sugar, it was 90.  So at least I am taking care of my body if not my mind.

I had a pretty persistent headache, so I took some generic Excedrin.  It worked but it made me manic, which Ron found annoying.  I have been manic, depressed, and then back to manic all in one week.  Rapid cycling.  No bueno.  It is just a sign I am under a lot of strain.  I think Doc would say I am OK as long as I am functional.  I'm thinking about dinner tonight, so I think that's good.

I plan to make a beef stew.  I don't have any garlic but I am mildly allergic anyway.  I can use some powder or just go without.  I can also take the bus to one of a couple grocery stores and buy some garlic.

Ron woke up, he was in a lot of pain.  I gave him a hug and kissed the top of his head, careful not to bump his "bad" foot.

I drank a Diet Dr Pepper I bought yesterday at the store (when I forgot the garlic!), it was good.  Then I put my electric kettle on to boil and made some oatmeal (within my carb limits, and I added coconut oil to it), and a couple cups of tea.

I'm just waiting on the oatmeal to cool down so I can eat it, and take my antidepressant.  I probably don't "need" it today, being manic and all, but I will take it regardless.  Doc has NEVER told me to skip my antidepressant when I'm manic, so I won't.

It does seem kind of logical, though.  I will ask him about it at our next visit.

Goals for the day, eat, take pills.
Shower - already shaved my legs yesterday so easy today
God Time
Nap - if I can
Bag up candy with tracts for drivers - sometime, probably tonight.
Afternoon - go to grocery store and get some garlic.
Evening, make stew to cook overnight.
Eat something, take rest of pills.

Tomorrow we have a pretty ambitious day planned.  In addition to that, I will probably need to do some laundry.  As I said, I bought Ron (with his money) 2 new shirts to replace the one he ruined.  His current shirt is pretty soiled, so he can't wear it tomorrow.  Add my clothes to it and it's probably a load of laundry.

Ron's pretty quiet in the back room right now so I will enjoy the peace and quiet as I go eat my oatmeal.

Edit: it was very good.  However, it is pouring down rain right now with a thunderstorm so I don't think I'll be getting that trip to the grocery store, today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is cancelling work quite a bit. Interesting that you really don't seem to care. Something is really rotten and messed up with you, ron and pain pill situation. I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't add up. You never did post my other comment. So here it is again. I want you to ask ron point blank if the pain pills take away the pain or not. If they do he should have no problem removing ALL the alcohol from the house today. If they don't he should not be taking them. There is no point.

Heather Knits said...

About work: our contract doesn't care when, or how often, we come in, as long as the machines are stocked.

Ron's asleep right now (that is hard for him to attain, lately) so I'm not waking him up. If I had to "guess" I would say the pain pills help "some" and the vodka helps "some". But I don't believe anything is taking the pain completely.

He seems to be in some pain, all the time, no matter what he uses. He is having very bad shooting pains down his leg to his foot, probably caused by a pinched nerve (which the pain doc said was probably the case). Nothing seems to help those pains.

But the pills help "some". Vodka helps "some" that is the final answer I'd say.