Tuesday, August 28, 2018

The rest of my day

I took my shower, got out, and did my God Time. 

Ron woke up as I was contemplating a nap.  His voicemail had a call from the pharmacy.  His prescription (21 days worth) was in. 

He was pretty drunk at the time and I seriously doubted I could get him in and out of a car.  He decided to call Chuck.  I told him, first, let's call the pharmacy and make sure I can pick up your pills for you.  I could. 

Then he called Chuck.  I made a quick list and asked Chuck if it was OK if I got a few things besides the prescription.  He said sure, would Ron mind? 

I said Ron was in no state to mind anything.  I got his medicine and some beef stew fixings.  Beef is really expensive, at least at that store.  Ron said it "had" to have carrots and potatoes.  I finally found a frozen bag of vegetables.  It has celery in it, but I can pull that out.  I got some more bone broth.  It gave the pork stew a good flavor.  It should do wonders for the beef.  I forgot the garlic, I will have to get some. 

I found some t-shirts on clearance and grabbed a few.  That last t-shirt is shot, and I'm not running it through the washer a dozen times trying to "save" it.  Especially since the clearance ones were only $3. 

I was about ready to pay but Ron asked me to get some food from the deli.  I did.  I forgot the potatoes because he kept changing his mind as to what he wanted. 

Then I left.  I called Chuck, who drove over and picked me up.  I just had the one tote bag. 

We went home, I got out, he left after I went into the house.  I gave Ron his stuff and he gave me some money to cover his share of the food. 

I gave him his medicine.  What he does with it is his business.  I think I have certainly documented I told Ron not to drink and mix prescriptions, on here.  I told him last night, that, if I knew he had taken his painkiller and drunk alcohol, I would call 911 to have his stomach pumped.  He didn't like that at all and became very evasive. 

It's late, but I'm still going to try and take a nap.  I'm tired.  I did not sleep well last night, with the migraine. 

I plan to go to bed early, too. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretending that something is not happening when it is happening is just sticking your head in the sand and not facing reality. WTG on the outta sight and outta mind thing.

You KNOW he is mixing the 2 drugs.

All you have to do is count the pills to find out.

What I want to know is did you ask him is the pills stop the back pain? A simple yes or no will do from him.

If they do work then bye-bye alcohol (since he said he would stop if they worked).

If they don't then bye-bye pills (since there is no point in him taking them if they are not working anyway).

Seems like an ultimatum is in order with him. Bad enough you rode in the cab to get the alcohol for Ron but it is worse you are allowing him to get more pills when he says they don't work (which I believe is a lie) and then he drinks on top of that.

Anonymous said...

Letting Ron have free reign with the pills is a really bad idea. I’m sorry. He’s got the mentality of a toddler right now. How can you expect him to do anything right? You have to coax him into taking a bath, dressing, putting his shoes on, cleaning up his toilet messes and vomit from his clothes and floor. He can’t be trusted.

I just have no words for “what he does with his pills is his business”. May as well give him a loaded gun. What he does with it is his business!!

Heather Knits said...

Well, he can do spreadsheets for the business, pay the tax, pay me, manage the household expenses, etc.

He wants to handle the pills on his own. He's intractable like this, if he wants to do something himself, even if he does it badly he will do it.

The shoe thing was when he was very drunk. Normally he doesn't need any help with dressing except pulling the shirt down over his back, which is very sensitive.

I worry more about him eating, when he drinks he has zero appetite. At least on the pain pills he is eating more.