Thursday, August 16, 2018

With a day off like this, I need a vacation

I had a bad headache most of the day and lay down until 1. 

I didn't want to go out because I need to be in bed by 5-6 PM.  I have a very early wakeup tomorrow.  Besides, I had the headache. 

I got up and took some generic Excedrin, looked around in the kitchen.  I found my big cast iron skillet and didn't find my crock-pot.  I wasn't feeling too well so I didn't get all the way into the cabinet. 

I did up my pills, that took a while, and then ate and took my PM dose. 

Erratic sleep and stress are not good for bipolar.  So I need to be diligent with my medication. 

I asked Ron to make a trip to Walmart tomorrow so I can buy the supplies I need to start keto.  But we do have a problem and it is partly my fault. 

You know the door of the fridge?  How it has that handy shelf?  Well, I have kept mine pretty well stuffed for 14 years.  Then, the other day, Ron wanted his bottle of water so he could drink (vodka).  I told him no, get it yourself. 

When he opened the door his knee caught on the shelf and broke the barrier that holds the food in place.  It is totally demolished.  Everything fell out, couldn't shut the door, soy sauce all over the floor. 

[bad word]  Ron and I had a small spat about that and he looked at it later, admitting he broke it.  The fridge itself is fine so it's OK, but in the meantime I can't store anything on the bottom part of the door.  I had to take everything off/out. 

I had to remove my seed box.  I had a big plastic box, full of seeds, in the fridge, to keep them fresh for gardening.  I don't want to get rid of them but I can't keep them in the fridge anymore.  So I took them out and put them in my closet.  That made room for pretty much everything I had on the door. 

It's a great fridge, made my GE, I would love to get another one like it when this one goes, but I hope this one lasts for years yet.  I just can't put anything on the bottom shelf of the door. 

Ron is watching old TV shows, last I heard he was watching "Wagon Train".  He was moaning a lot last night (he did not know about the ominous message I had gotten from The Boss until later), I will be glad when he gets some help with this. 

It is awful to lie in bed, listening to your loved one tossing, turning, and moaning in agony.  I really want to get this fixed. 

I just wish I could believe he would stop drinking, when that happened. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did he ever get exercises or anything from the rehab place post surgery?

Everyone I know who's had similar surgery/therapy has had exercises they could do to help in some form or had further rehab.

Heather Knits said...

He did. However, he was told by the hospital doc (blood clots) NOT to do them until the blood clot issue was resolved. Everyone really freaked out over the blood clots this time.

Also, he injured his right knee right before he came home in 2016 and can't do the exercise bike anymore. THAT probably needs surgery but he says absolutely not. He doesn't even want an MRI.

"We" see the pain doc in a couple of days so we will see what they say. I sure hope they can do *something*.

Anonymous said...

I wish he’d stop drinking so the blood issue healed and he could do this the right way. I’m sorry he has this all. I wish things could just be fixed and easy for you.

Anonymous said...

Can you go on Amazon and order the parts you need for the fridge?

Heather Knits said...

A plastic part in the door has broken, so no. It's a shelf on the door. I can hold things like tortillas on the door but nothing that might fall off. It's a really old fridge (14 years at least) but very reliable. I am not inclined to replace it for a small thing and I know the new ones will not be as reliable as the old one. It's an annoyance, nothing more.