Wednesday, August 8, 2018

It won't crawl off today

I may have to talk to my doctor about another antidepressant.  I am getting some ferocious headaches from the Wellbutrin. 

I thought perhaps related to my cycle, but that started days ago so that's not it.  It's the antidepressant, it's getting severe enough that I am willing to chance another antidepressant. 

I slept OK, slept late, woke up at 8 AM.  I fed Biscuit and friends.  Last night I heard the possum chewing under my bed.  I think it was trying to get into my storage container with the soap.  It apparently finds Dial White delicious. 

It has plenty to eat, and is pooping well.  As I've said, it's using the litter box.  Unlike one reader, I'm not worried about it starving.  Plenty of food around here if it's really motivated.  And, with those teeth, it can get into anything. 

I have baited the trap, Torbie was checking it out today.  I may move it but for now it is fine.  When the possum gets in there, I will get dressed, take it out, and take some photos before I let it go. 

And then I will feed it on the porch, because it is a member of the family now. 

Ron woke up when I did, about.  So I told him I was going to give him his shot.  He said he only got his shot on Tuesday.  I reminded him we didn't do it yesterday with our big trip downtown.  I washed my hands, disinfected, got my needle, etc. 

I had some trouble drawing up the dose, like I always do.  One day I am going to get it.  I got most of it in the needle and called it good.  I couldn't seem to find any more in the vial.  I think they hosed us on the dose.  Didn't give us enough. 

Anyway, I went in Ron's room and disinfected him with cotton pads soaked in rubbing alcohol.  He objected to that.  I stabbed him a couple times with the needle, trying to get it in.  Finally got it to pierce the skin and then shoved it into his belly fat (he doesn't have much).  Pressed the plunger, it's in. 

"That was nothing!" Ron exclaimed  I use a 25 gauge needle, if you were curious and know about these things.  That's what they gave me.  That, and Ron has a high tolerance for pain.  He had several eye operations as a child, back when they didn't give children any pain relievers. 

I just knew, taking my pills after that (with yogurt), I would get a headache, but I don't want to get depressed so I took them.  I took a shower and then a nap. 

Sure enough, I woke up with a bad headache.  I still have it.  I took something but it won't crawl off today.  And Biscuit just came to remind me it is dinner time.  Let me feed him, I'll be back.  He's being very polite and I want to reward good behavior. 

OK, they're fed.  Baby Girl showed up, too.  Good.  Feeding them wet food at night was the secret.  I give all the cats 1/2 cup dry to share in the morning, then some wet at night.  Biscuit needs to lose several pounds, Torbie about 3, and Baby Girl about 3.  They seem pretty happy and content eating this way and the plate is always clean in the morning. 

See, what they don't eat makes a meal for the possum.  I am looking out for everyone. 

Ron didn't want to work on the accounting report today, and, with this headache, I didn't want to either.  We still have time to turn it in if we do it tomorrow.  Ugh.  I feel like my head is in a vice. 

I looked at my comments on the blog.  One reader mistakenly assumed "my bus pass" referred to paratransit service.  No, it is my bus pass, half off the bus because I am disabled.  It's the only thing I have taken for my disability.  Paratransit riders ride the bus for free, I pay half.  Seems fair to everyone.  It's a lot cheaper than a cab and gives me a lot of flexibility.  The reader has apparently lost faith in me after that.  Nope, I'm exactly who and what I claim to be.  But it's a bus pass.  Not paratransit. 

Ron has a paratransit pass, now, good for another year.  It cost us over $400.  He gets pretty much unlimited rides for that.  I can put any amount of dollars onto my pass.  Their computer takes off 60 cents a trip, every 3 hours.  I did about $60 a couple years ago and am still working on that.  I am down to $30 or so now. 

Another reader is worried about the possum starving.  I would have laughed but for the headache.  I have plenty of food in here, and a set of sharp teeth can get it into just about anything around here, including my 5 pound bag of cat food.  Snack foods in thin wrappers, etc.  Trust me, Possum is eating well.  I do plan to move the trap into the bedroom tonight. 

That will be tricky, the bedroom is very small.  Barely enough room for a queen bed.  I had to take the doors off the closet and put my dresser in there, no other room for it.  The trick will be NOT putting it in the way of the cat door (cats love their catio) or the door to the bedroom.  I don't want to trip over it in the middle of the night and fall. 

Can you imagine that emergency room visit?  I tripped over the possum trap, yes, I have a possum in my house.  Please fix my arm. 

No, thanks.  So I will see what I can make work.  I may put some peanut butter in there besides the apple and part of a fruit cup.  What I really need, probably, is a bar of Dial White.  Possum loves that stuff. 

I need to bring in the garbage can and take some ant bait outside.  I am dealing with an ant problem.  Seems like everyone sees my house as a fun place to eat! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The possum is under your bed. What is so hard about setting up the trap, baiting it and closing the door and waiting? I really don't think you want to get rid of the possum. So you might as well name him and make him feel even more welcome than he already is. Maybe if he destroys more of your paper squares you will finally decide to take some action.

Houston Possum said...

Pshhhh, there is no possum

Anonymous said...

The possum wouldn't hurt your cats, would it?

Heather Knits said...

Possum hasn't hurt the cats. I think they avoid each other. In telling this story, I have heard a lot of stories of outside cats getting along with possums and sharing food bowls, etc. so I guess it is not unusual for it to happen inside.

There's a possum alright. I guess I should have put up a photo of all the stuff it chewed up, like the box of chocolates, the bar of soap, the foam yellow cab.

Love your handle, HP. :)

Heather Knits said...

Just remember, you may not believe in Possum, but Possum believes in you.

Spankadoo said...

LOL great come back Heather I believe in you and your possum ..I think there are people who spend their entire lives trying to discredit folks who are doing anything on the internet. why would anyone think you were lying is beyond me and why they feel the need to make this kind of comments just shows how sad their world must be.. I feel sorry for them.
Heather you amazing me! I know exactly what you go through daily to keep yourself mentally healthy and it takes a mighty powerful human being to put up with mental illness as well as you do as I have told you before your insight is mindblowing some folks are in and out of psych stabilization facilities so much they have rooms they want when they come back (you know I work part time at an E and T ) keep strong take care if yourself and you know I read even when I do not comment . Some days it is just too much to type as I know you can related to OOOXXX