Thursday, August 2, 2018

I don't "help"

Long day today. 

We got up early, I got ready, got Ron ready, we went to the warehouse.  We bought some supplies. 

When we go to the warehouse, Ron has a really bad habit of skipping breakfast.  He skips breakfast every day.  So I have to either feed him at home, give him samples, or listen to him whine aloud about his hunger (making me look like a bad caregiver). 

Same thing today.  But I decided to buy him some banana nut muffins just to shut him up, kind of like a mother in a checkout line buying her kid a candy bar.  He ate half a muffin and was happy. 

I don't like banana nut muffins. 

We went to work.  Since snacks weren't too depleted, I was able to help Ron with everything before I did my work.  We got it all done and left. 

We had a VERY sullen and outright rude driver pick us up to take us to Walmart.  It wouldn't have been that noticeable, but she was very friendly with the client in the front seat.  Ron thought maybe she didn't like white people (we discussed this, later).  I thought maybe she didn't like "couples".  At any rate Ron specifically asked her not to take a certain road because it is very bumpy, and hard on his back.  He explained this.  She deliberately took that road, then drove 2 miles out of the way to get to a street she could have taken instead. 

It was almost bad enough to call in a complaint, but Ron didn't want to bother. 

We got to Walmart.  I am still manic.  Guess what I bought?  More tea!  Not much, though.  I also got cat treats, TP, etc. 

Then, after I paid, Ron went to the liquor store and bought a case of vodka.  It was about $70 for 6, 2 liter, bottles.  He gave money to the cab driver (he paid for the ride privately), and the cab driver went in and bought it, then brought it out to the cab.  Because I don't "help". 

The cab driver (we paid for this ride ourselves, well, Ron did) then took us home.  I put away my stuff and took a nap.  I was beat. 

Biscuit joined me in bed.  He is becoming very cuddly.  If I'm on the computer he is somewhere on the floor nearby.  If I'm sleeping he is probably in the bed.  He's a good boy.  We had a good nap, but, I woke up with yet another headache. 

My first headache of the morning started right after I took my antidepressant.  I had to take some Excedrin.  When I got up from my nap, several hours later, I had to take more Excedrin.  It was a nasty one. 

I drank some Gatorade (that seems to help) and Ron and I went out to dinner. 

We had a really sweet driver, the complete opposite of the first driver.  She even likes hearing about the cats.  Just very kind, sweet, professional, if I won the lotto I would want to steal her for my personal driver. 

Ron offered to buy her dinner.  Her, I agreed with.  She should get a meal.  She told us what she liked.  She would be back later to pick us up again (it's uncommon, but it does happen). 

We went in.  Ron said he had gotten into his Chinese food from yesterday, and wasn't very hungry.  I ordered a bacon burger.  We ordered the driver's food. 

They were pretty busy but they like us so other servers helped out.  Even the manager came by and took our order. 

We had a pretty good meal.  I gave Ron my fries and he enjoyed eating them.  The takeout arrived and I got some utensils and extra napkins. 

I always figure people need extra napkins, I have for as long as I've worked food service. 

Sure enough, she came back.  She was very excited to see her meal.  We were her last trip of the day, so she could go home and eat as soon as she dropped us.  Needless to say, it was a quick trip home. 

She was a total turnaround to the other driver.  The other driver wouldn't even answer Ron when he asked her a direct question. 

I ran a load of laundry and made some decaf green tea with a bag of mint in it. When it cooled enough to drink, it was very good.  I will do that again.  When the load finished, I threw it in the dryer.  I will actually run the dryer, tomorrow. 

Then I ran the washer on a cleaning cycle.  I try to do that at the start of every month. 

Now I just need to clean the litter boxes when I finish here, and then I can go to bed. 

It's been a long day. 

No comments: