Friday, August 31, 2018

Fat Bomb

What a day.  I got up early, didn't sleep too well last night. 

I got up, took my shower, etc.  Ron has a cut on his foot from last week.  He didn't tell me about it for a few days after his blackout - until it started hurting. 

That's the kind of thing that makes me wish it was legal to bop him on the head.  I knew about the abrasion on his left elbow, but he kept rubbing off the scab and it was pretty irritated. 

So I have been doctoring them.  Separate gauze pads.  Disinfect one area, throw away.  Spray on some Dermoplast (Ron's skin seems to like it).  At work the other day I finally found a bandage that could handle his elbow and kept him from getting scraped again. 

Ron fought me like a toddler fighting a diaper change.  I had to remind him I was trying to keep him out of a doctor's office.  Then he behaved.  If enough cards stack up I am going to have a lot of interference in my life.  I am trying to keep that from happening. 

Got him dressed and in his wheelchair.  We had a deposit for the bank.  Unfortunately for Ron, part of that deposit was a jar with a lot of quarters in it.  Enough to pay me for 2 weeks - that heavy.  It was OK for me to pick up - with all I am doing these days I am getting stronger, but Ron had a terrible time with it. 

And of course, being a Texas Man, he HAD to carry it in his lap.  I'm surprised it didn't crush his man parts. 

That was bad enough, Ron was having some trouble with that.  Then our driver was over half an hour late and Ron was apoplectic by the time the guy finally arrived. 

Then the man tried to joke Ron into better humor.  Then Ron really blew up.  I just sat in the front seat waiting for him to wind down, as the driver gaped. 

Eventually Ron got over it and we were all good friends by the time we got dropped off. 

We made our deposit, I got my pay AND paid back for the other day, and we waited on our ride. 

Ron had been SO worried we would not have enough time.  As it is, we ended up waiting for over an hour AFTER we finished our work. 

I have a really bad tension headache, even after the Excedrin.  I so wish I had the sort of husband I could tell Ron, and he would rub my neck.  He used to be that guy.  That guy is in there somewhere, but these days I wouldn't even ask.  That is sad. 

I got a pretty good headache at the bank with all the stress, but I told my self it was just muscle tension, tried to relax, and it faded. 

Our ride to Walmart worked well.  But it seemed like, as I shopped, someone was in front of every single thing I wanted.  Not many screaming kids, but people in the way. 

I was SO looking forward to buying a cheap mixer.  I was going to use that, and some heavy whipping cream, to make "the whipped cream thing" - several ounces of heavy whipping cream blended with a scoop of whey protein powder.  Very "keto".  Very good.  

The only inexpensive blender was damaged, and the other ones wee $25+.  I wasn't going to spend that much.  I was very disappointed.   I will have to go to Amazon.  I try to but local, but...

I got everything Ron asked for, and more first aid supplies for him, peroxide, antibiotic ointment (with pain reliever!  Wooo!), etc.  I forgot more cotton pads but I have enough for now, and I can buy those at the grocery store on our bus line. 

I got heavy whipping cream anyway.  I can drink it.  Someone was in front of the cheese (agh!), and I didn't feel civil enough to peruse without being nasty to them.  I try not to be nasty if I can avoid it. 

They were out of my drink mix, but they had some "sours" drink mix I will try.  I just want something "not water" so it will do. 

I also remembered a few things I wanted, but didn't put on the list, like sunflower seeds.  I did forget to buy more tuna - I have a lot, but I try to replace what I use - and I used some the other night. 

I finally got up front, got some Diet Dr Peppers.  Oh, yeah, Ron wants some food from the deli.  So I waited in line and got that.  I got myself a corn dog, I was starving. 

Finally found a reasonable line.  It only had 3 people, not an express line, but no one was really buying much.  And the person at the head of the line kept playing around with her credit card, which kept rejecting.  She kept giggling and looking back at us, smirking as she saw we were getting annoyed, etc.  She also had a "posse" of two other girls with her. 

Time was short.  I finally decided they were not going to cancel her transaction and send her away, they were just going to let her fart around endlessly, and I went to another lane. 

This is why you bring cash to the store.  Cash is always accepted. 

But she was slow.  And she kept stopping to gossip with another employee, standing next to her.  I had to do the bitch thing and hurry her up a few times.  Ron started calling my cell phone, frequently, telling me his back was killing him, the cab was already here, and he was going to leave me if I wasn't out there in 2 minutes.  I kept telling him, every time you call me you slow me down and I will be out as soon as possible.  It wasn't my fault, I got in line at 12:10, I had plenty of time to check out before 12:30. 

Ron wouldn't be placated.  He kept getting more and more irate, I had to keep correcting the cashier who kept getting distracted, etc.  I really didn't want to be that angry, frustrated, person. 

Needless to say, the headache came back. 

I finally got out there just in time, before he left me.  I just now realized Ron would not have been able to get int the house if he had left me.  He doesn't have a key to that door. 

Ron yelled at me all the way home, as I explained.  He thought I should have confronted credit card bimbo.  I told him she had a posse and that probably would have got me beat up "I like my teeth in my head".  He finally decided it was the fault of policy, they should have a "3 strikes your're out" policy where if the card doesn't work in the third try, it cancels the whole transaction.  He is Going To Call The Manager. 

Finally left me alone.  We got home, paid the poor driver!  Whatever Ron paid him wasn't enough. 

We got inside, I put everything away.  I had eaten my corn dog waiting in line (they are OK with it if you save the bar code on the bag), so I wasn't as hungry. 

I decided, with all my stress, I needed a Fat Bomb.  I have heard about them with Keto diets.  It is basically a very high fat thing, that is a treat. 

I had a can of coconut cream.  That's about 80 fat grams.  I had a can of low sugar whipped cream.  I filled up a disposable bowl with the whipped cream and got a disposable spoon.  Then I drank the coconut cream, took my pills, and ate the whipped cream. 

It was certainly filling.  I had really had such a hard time finding the coconut.  They didn't stock it right but I found it anyway, and bought 3 cans.  I think of it as my diet shake. 

I laid down and the cats came to sleep with me, Biscuit and Torbie.  I woke up with a ghastly tension headache.  Even the Excedrin isn't helping much.  2 very cold diet Dr Peppers helped, some, but I may just have to endure. 

Ron's asleep. 

I think he over did it today, he complained he was in his wheelchair for almost 4 hours.  Let's take a moment to examine that.  He can't sit up for 4 hours at a time, yet he says the pain pills are working "really well".  I think he also overdid it holding the change.  He should have let me manage it. 

So, next time, I would go to the bank, go home.  Let him lie down for a couple of hours, THEN go to Walmart - during the time they have all the screaming kids.  Oh, well. 

I have to do what works. 

Oh, I forgot, Ron said he isn't helping me go to Walmart today, even though 1/3 of the money I spent today was for him.  I think he will soften if we plan it so he goes first thing in the morning, and comes home to rest. 

My whole life revolves around what works for him. 

Happily, I also ordered some Scripture Booklets today.  Halloween is coming and I want to get on the list.  They have a production backlog so I had better get in there early if I want them. 

I will also need to start picking up candy for the kids.  If they're anything like the adults I serve, they want Jolly ranchers, individually wrapped gum, caramels, etc.  Although it's a little hot to buy caramels, just yet. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so inappropriate for you to put Scripture Booklets in with the Halloween candy to children. If you had children and they came home with Atheist propaganda in with their Halloween candy you wouldn't like it very much. Leave religious teaching to the kids parents!

Heather Knits said...

You are welcome to your opinion. Considering I was indoctrinated with atheist propaganda for 12 years during my schooling, I don't feel at all bad about doing it.

LOVING parents should check their children's candy anyway, to make sure it doesn't have needles, razors, partially unwrapped, etc. If an atheist parent discovers one of my booklets they can certainly dispose of them before the child is "contaminated".

I have been doing this for about 10 years with no complaints. In fact, when the parent sees I have a full sized candy bar + in the bag, they generally request a bag for themselves, too.

Heather Knits said...

Edit to add, a couple years I have handed out Children's New Testaments with the candy - and the parents were ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED to get them.

However most kids have this stupid, [censored] pumpkin. It is a small plastic ball with an open top and barely fits a couple cups of candy. The New Testament doesn't fit. The candy with a Scripture booklet (business card sized, about 1/8 of an inch thick) barely fits in there.

Several times a year, I always find a kid with no bag, and I have to give him (always a boy) one.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting week 3 of Atkins 40.
I get the fat craving. I made fried strong cheese last night
Yum

Heather Knits said...

Now you know I can't publish that other comment ((((Hugs))))

Glad to hear your new WOE is working! I do best when I am running on fat.

Spankadoo said...

Lol I can not believe you get criticized over scripture when folks are letting their kids take candy ( physically quite unhealthy but fun) from strangers ! It is like people sit in wait to attack anything
Much love your way have fun getting ready for the holidays! I am gearing up and going to have a blast regardless! Oooxxx